Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was a stalker now member

Hey all
    I recently decided to join after being a stalker for to long.
    I,ve been playing since I was 5 years old n now at nearly 60 it still gives me that HIGH nothing else can compare to.
    I decided to get into amps , n guitar mods n restorations since touring is getting harder to deal with due to my health....., I used to restore Motorcycles n Vettes VINTAGE of course... but due to a broken back n neck and a VERY bad heart I had to let them go.

I started as a Guitar tech for the NY DOLLS n then moved onto my own bands which made me a good living.
    I got to meet n tour with some of my hero's n some legends, in all some of the best were the unknowns,
    Anyway now that I am doing this I figured there has got to be some knowledge out there n why not get some ideas from guys who go to a forum made for that reason SO here I am.

The Guitars I have are ALL Vintage except for the now n then LES PAUL FLORENTINE released in Limited editions..ALL my amps except 2 are Vintage... the days of lugging around 2 Super Reverbs are over n now my best friends are Deluxe Reverbs, 50s Tweed Deluxes, Ampeg reverb rockets, Geminii 1 n 2 n an 18 watt Marshall Bluesbreaker.... but recently I began modifying simple circuit amps made by Fender etc n getting a true Vintage tone from them...
    Though I;ll admit I know more about P-13s n P-90s n the guitars they r in and how to get the most from em is my forte....

So hope to see ya around
    55LP
    Last edited by 55lp; 11-22-2014, 01:22 PM. Reason: bad spellin
    [B]I play the BLUES for it is my life put to music n lyric[/B]

Welcome James.
    Yes - There is a wealth of knowledge here generously contributed by the members.
    Tom

Comment

Yes, welcome to the place. We're not just about amps here, there is guitar tech and a pickup section where your experience and advice could be helpful to others.

In any case, enjoy yourself.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.
        BTW we have the Music threads in the Lobby.
        Here is one on Electric blues music.
        http://music-electronics-forum.com/t31764/#post365332
        If you want to post any of your Blues Music, I would love to hear it!
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Working...
        X