allen and heath pa12_cp powered unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allen and heath pa12_cp powered unit

This unit came in with weak to one side...so time to check things over..quick way would be to ensure line outs are ok followed speak test etc.

After contacting a uk dealer who sent over pdf file to start checking and signal/ volts....also found fx not working...note its high cost to send it off for repair at 50 Per hr...still this one needed a new fx pcb Plus reflow of dry solder cracks and making good the ribbon connects..
    Experience comes with more understanding

It takes lots of service time to check this unit out...stick the coffee on...

Comment

I did solve the main fault's in the end...repair to preamp supply plus a few safety resistors in the fx pcb board.

Comment

Need the schematic anyone have it

Comment

It's here: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...7&d=1382654612
          Note that the speaker outputs (speakons) are wired 'out of phase'* from the factory. Also, the connector board can be re-assembled wrong as it is not keyed.
          *(not really out of phase as amps are run out of phase and corrected at the speaker out speakons. They say this is done to optimize loading of power supply)
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thank you g1

Comment

Working...
            X