behringer b205d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behringer b205d

It was working great, then some1 accidentally stepped on the cord. It caused it to stop working. Now it keeps turning on & off every couple of seconds. Any ideas any1?

Which cord was 'stepped on'?

The power cord, the input cord?
    Where any external cords hooked up?

Comment

the power cord. i normally use an extension, but i didn't that time

Comment

Was it simply that the cord was stepped on, or did the unit take a tumble as a result of someone stepping on the cord? First, try a different cord. If that doesn't do it, we may have a cracked PC board or something physically broken inside the unit.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

i was playing music off an ipod. power cord was plugged into a floor socket. it was stepped on and when i checked it, it was partially detached. the unit didn't fall, didn't make any popping noise or any noise for that matter. No outside damage or any smells. It just stopped working. No Life. I switched the power cord & it started doing the turning on & off thing.

Comment

There is an AC socket where the power cord connects to the amp. It is likely mounted on a circuit board. Likely either the solder joints are broken or the traces of that board are cracked.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I have a b205d and looked inside. The IEC socket and pwr switch are not pcb mounted. The schematic states this as well. If any of the pins feel loose it's possible the wire to it became loose as well. Possibly the ground lug? It's unlikely the OP will be able to DIY repair this unit if the problem lies beyond the back panel, though. It's a SMPS and practically all SMD loaded.

Comment

Another possibility:

All IEC type connectors are not created equal. I've previously run into a situation where the holes are larger on cable ends to fit a larger blade male receptacle. Look at your original cable and compare it to the one you replaced it with. Are the holes larger, possibly not making a solid connection? Wiggle the cable in the receptacle. Can you make the unit turn on and off? If so, it's possible that you're just not getting good contact and need to try another IEC cable.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

the pins look pretty solid. The holes as far as I can see look similar on the used & new cord. I opened the back & nothing looks off. I had a friend who supposedly knows a lot more than I do ( and that's not saying much) take a look at it. He said he narrowed it down to the audio circuit board, but he did seem unconvinced.

Comment

Tell your friend to grab a multimeter and measure that wall voltage actually reaches the inside pins, which feed the internal power supply.

You sure the unit did not fall against a hard floor or something?
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

When you say it turns on and off every couple seconds, do you mean the power light, or the sound?
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Very good question!

Comment

Working...
                        X