which winder coil choose? Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which winder coil choose? Help!!!

Hi my name is Enrique and I live in Madrid, Spain.
    I was reading tons of post and threads here in the forum.
    I need help to choose my first winder.
    I am thinking in Schatten, Mojotone or CNC in UK (No customs, and the shipping cost is cheap).
    Really I need your opinions...................
    Thanks in advance
    Enrique

What one likes in a winding machine, another may not care for.
    Some here Like hand guided, and some like the Computer Driven CNC winders.
    I bought the Mojo machine back last spring, and I really like mine.
    It is fast and kicks off at the desired selected turns.
    It will wind Clockwise or Counter clockwise coils.
    It also has a built in gauss meter, that I use often.
    http://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts...e#.VHdaa4WoIjg
    If you buy one, insist on Mojo using it first, making some pickups of each type, each direction.
    It won't hurt the machine, and will insure you get a tested functional winder!
    Good Luck on your decision.
    T
    Last edited by big_teee; 11-27-2014, 04:05 PM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

I have a handwinder I built and used initially, it has a speed controller, counter and step motor. and it is able to turn CW and ACW; ie it has everything you need. I still have it and its good for some things. handwinding is a learned skill and worthwhile getting the hang of . its a small investment and will get you started.

later on I moved up to a computer controlled machine ....but I stil have the hand winder as a backup and also for smaller odd jobs, or when I want to hand wind specifically.
      Last edited by mr fab; 11-28-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your answers
        are highly appreciated.
        I'm thinking very seriously acerca mojotone.
        But UK is near and no customs ............
        I do not know, Maybe a Pc winder is not the best election for the first time.
        Anyway Tons of thanks for your time.
        I will tell you my choice.

Pd: sorry for my english

Comment

Hi Enrique

I Just came back from Madrid, shame we missed each other. Anyway for what it's worth, I started winding with a small self made winder which I still use for single coils. I also bought one of the first Cnc dudez winders from Sean which I use for humbuckers. I think his new winder CNC Design Limited - Guitar Pickup Mini Coil Winder would probably be fine for everything involving pickup winding and the price seems reasonable, as you mention no customs and duty. You could of course build a winder from Jason Lollars book. The question is always how many pickups do you want to make and how much money you have spare for a winder. None of the technology is rocket science and good pickups can be wound by hand. For more consistency I would go for a cnc or mechanical wire feed/traverse. Good luck and all the best.

Cheers
          Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
            Hi Enrique

I Just came back from Madrid, shame we missed each other. Anyway for what it's worth, I started winding with a small self made winder which I still use for single coils. I also bought one of the first Cnc dudez winders from Sean which I use for humbuckers. I think his new winder CNC Design Limited - Guitar Pickup Mini Coil Winder would probably be fine for everything involving pickup winding and the price seems reasonable, as you mention no customs and duty. You could of course build a winder from Jason Lollars book. The question is always how many pickups do you want to make and how much money you have spare for a winder. None of the technology is rocket science and good pickups can be wound by hand. For more consistency I would go for a cnc or mechanical wire feed/traverse. Good luck and all the best.

Cheers
            Andrew
            To be clear, the mini coil winder in the link does require a external computer?
            Is this correct?
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Hi T

Yes it does need a computer. I've run my cncdudez winder on a crappy samsung tab3 win8 and it worked fine.

Cheers
              Andrew

Comment

Night,
                I'm taking notes...........One point for the CNC .
                I am waiting for the answers of mojotone.............
                But I am thinking a little more in CNC.
                I hope that the Soft works well .............
                Thanks for your words

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
                  Hi T

Yes it does need a computer. I've run my cncdudez winder on a crappy samsung tab3 win8 and it worked fine.

Cheers
                  Andrew
                  I'm a Linux only Guy!
                  I've been Windows Free for going on 3 years.
                  But, I'm a hand guided winder anyway.
                  No Software Required!
                  T
                  Last edited by big_teee; 12-01-2014, 02:01 AM.
                  Terry

Comment

I built my first hand winder from parts I had lying around when I was 15 years old....
                    If I didnt have the skills to build a simple winder I would have never been able to build and fabricate most of the parts I use on specialty pickup jobs.

Comment

Working...
                    X