Allen and Heath ZED 16 mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen and Heath ZED 16 mixer

Has anyone got a PSU schematic, or can tell me the value of R10?

Thanks

R10 is 1k 1% Do you need the whole manual or just the PS?ZED_R16_003-849_PSU[1].pdf

Comment

Wow. That's fast. Hopefully just the PSU has failed and not taken anything else out. Shorted Q1, plus U1 and a quite few associated components on the primary side. R10 burnt right out.

Thanks for that.

Comment

Hi km6xz, Please help me by posting the whole manual of Zed 16 mixer, the Aux outputs on my mixer have burnt with a couple of some resistors, itll be very kind of you and a timely help, thanks.

Comment

Schematic for the Allen and Heath ZED R16 or 16fx

Which console, the ZED R16 or 16fx? They are different in many ways

Comment

Originally posted by km6xz View Post
            It's Zed 16fx, I didn't mention earlier thinking both the outputs would be same as the power supply you posted above matched, also i found myself so helpless on the Schematics over the Internet that I thought it would be same, thanks for your reply, it will be very helpful, thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi km6xz, please mail me the service manual of zed16 Fx or any zed16 that you may have, my email id : preetamkharmate@gmail.com, will be very kind of you, thanks.

Comment

Hi Km6xz, please let me know the values of R48 and R49 in zed
                16 Fx also let me know which IC's can be substituted for the burnt 072/405R/JRC.
                those IC's are burnt at the Aux outputs and are not available in the local market, also the are no data sheets available of 072/405R/JRC available on the Internet!!!
                please helpif you have those manuals, awaiting reply.

Comment

"072/405R/JRC" p/n are NJM072. You can use TL072.

Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Hi km6xz, please reply. Awaiting your answer, please mention R48, R49 values on zed16fx, thanks

Comment

Hello,
                      the firewire of my ZED R16 no longer works and I desperately looking for the schematic or service manual to fix it.
                      I replaced the TSB41AB2 and some resistances that had burned out. The firewire re-operates but drops out randomly. So there is certainly something else defective but the tests do not give me anything.
                      Does anyone own this schematic (PCB : AG7073 or 003-816) and would send it to me if it's ok ?
                      or does anyone have an idea where i could find it ?
                      I would be very greatful and i thank you in advance for your help.
                      Last edited by sebroddutton; 12-09-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

HI,

I have a Allen & heath ZED12FX with a blown power supply, I live in India. We took the pains to order a power supply from FULLCOMPASS in USA and a friend carried it down. When I tested it, it gives me +-15 V as well as 48 V, no problem, but few components on the PCB seems not loaded and I am not getting the +10V which is required.

I have the faulty power supply and based on basic tracing I could see one resistor; one diode a capacitor as well as a inductor (coil) missing though the PCB has those locations available.

Was wondering if you would have the power supply circuit diagram or even better the full service manual. Using that I can logically trace and see if my loading the components I can get the +10 Volts up and running and fix the mixer which has been sleeping for almost a year, breaks my heart as it was such a sweet sounding mixer.

Any assistance is highly appreciate
                        Last edited by chalam; 10-05-2017, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chalam View Post
                          HI,

I have a Allen & heath ZED12FX with a blown power supply, I live in India. We took the pains to order a power supply from FULLCOMPASS in USA and a friend carried it down. When I tested it, it gives me +-15 V as well as 48 V, no problem, but few components on the PCB seems not loaded and I am not getting the +10V which is required.

I have the faulty power supply and based on basic tracing I could see one resistor; one diode a capacitor as well as a inductor (coil) missing though the PCB has those locations available.

Was wondering if you would have the power supply circuit diagram or even better the full service manual. Using that I can logically trace and see if my loading the components I can get the +10 Volts up and running and fix the mixer which has been sleeping for almost a year, breaks my heart as it was such a sweet sounding mixer.

My email id is ***** Any assistance is highly appreciate
                          Please edit your post to remove you email address ASAP or you'll be drowning in spam.

Sorry I don't have any info of that model. Generally you'll get a better response of you start a new thread rather than onto an old one, especialy as it's about a different mixer.

You you sure you purchased the correct power supply? Can you return to Full Compass for replacement?
                          Last edited by nickb; 10-05-2017, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Thank you

Hi,

ZED R_16 power supply you had posted to some other person. Interestingly I see it outputs on the same voltages and the circuit part for the +10 V is shown there (as well as an additional fan power which I do not need), as I have the older blown power supply I can salvage the parts from there.

I see that the +10V is derived from the same power transformer from a separate tapping, I see in the power supply shipped to me the same tapping is available, as well as space for the diode D3 Capacitors C21 and C 25; inductor L7 and fuse F3.

Based on my understanding fixing these components should give me a +10 Volt output, though I have no way to confirm that the transformer has this TAPPING internally in place.

Logically I doubt on a sort of similar power output with same voltages and a sort of similar PCB, they will go through the trouble of making multiple transformers and increasing their inventory count.

Unfortunately we are in India and the product was purchased in USA as they do not ship to India and it was carried by a friend, so shipping out for exchange is out of question.

I feel your power supply post by itself may help me sort of this issue, will post later an update.

Thank you.

Warm regards
                            Chalam

Originally posted by nickb View Post
                            Please edit your post to remove you email address ASAP or you'll be drowning in spam.

Sorry I don't have any info of that model. Generally you'll get a better response of you start a new thread rather than onto an old one, especialy as it's about a different mixer.

You you sure you purchased the correct power supply? Can you return to Full Compass for replacement?

Comment

That was for the ZED_16. I see there is a table on how it's stuffed the for ZED_12 Just click on the link in post #2 to get it.

Here is the table:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Z16_Table.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	847361
                              Last edited by nickb; 10-05-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X