No announcement yet.

Peavey XRD 680 PA (dual power amp, one side bad) diagnostics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Enzo, im using the direct Motorola replacements, but the 70483180 cant be bought new, so I had to get it used off ebay.

Comment

MJ15024 is fine, the PV number is just a house number on that type.

PV no longer stocks 70483180?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        MJ15024 is fine, the PV number is just a house number on that type.

PV no longer stocks 70483180?
        I just looked on ebay. and google, nothing new. so I ordered the used one, the seller had over 20k items sold and several of these sold, so im sure itll be ok. the 73 is new, 83 is used.

Comment

Originally posted by kk4msa View Post
          can you replace just the ones that are bad, or do you have to replace all due to matching?
          I just replaced the two bad ones. Everything worked fine. If you have no luck finding the parts I may have some.

Comment

ebay and google? I'd just call Peavey and ask for the parts department.

or buy new MJ15024s from a real supplier.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

ebay and google? I'd just call Peavey and ask for the parts department.

or buy new MJ15024s from a real supplier.

yea, guess I should have, but I ordered one off ebay that was used. ill check it when it gets here, if its inline with all the others ill use it, if not ill just order one of those MJ15024's, no biggie. I didn't look for any other numbers other that what was on the one that came out, so it is what it is, if it test ok ill use it, if not ill buy another, but I will order from peavey this time.

Comment

Please could you measure resistance betwen main plug. I'm afraid that I've blown my power transformers on Peavey XR 1200D mixer witch are exactly the same as you attached Picture. I don't know much, but I think that 5 ohms of resistance on main 220V plug is too low.

Comment

I no longer have that unit but on my two working Peavey XR 600C I measure 1.8 and 1.7 ohms.

Comment

In your XR1200, disconnect the secondary wires from the board, probably orange and red wires. Leave only the mains (primary) wires connected. Now does it blow fuses?

And for that matter, look up light bulb limiter, make one and use it.

Comment

In your XR1200, disconnect the secondary wires from the board, probably orange and red wires. Leave only the mains (primary) wires connected. Now does it blow fuses?

And for that matter, look up light bulb limiter, make one and use it.
                      Yes thank you. I've made light bulb limiter and conected onl primary wires. 75W bulb come to lit ( not as bright as direct) and light falls a litle bit but not much. Maybe I'm not seeing ok because lightbulb has clean glass, not mate. Maybe there is not enough dimming because two transformers are linked. I Will see when transistor comes.

Thanks Enzo

Comment

Adding to this thread. Just repaired a XRD 680 PLUS, same as OP: blown 10A fuses on one channel only. Measured shorts in output transistors. After removing the transistors, found one NPN and one PNP shorted. Replaced them with modern ON transistors (thanks for part numbers, Enzo!) and all is well.
                        --
                        I build and repair guitar amps
                        http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

Working...
                        X