Request for Roland JC60A Service Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Roland JC60A Service Manual

I am looking for a Roland JC-60A 1977 Service Manual or better all JC60 versions.

Thanks in advance.

Deni

i hope this helps
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mozwell View Post
      i hope this helps
      Thanks mozwell. i had it checked. it covers roland 1979 and 1983 models with serials starting with 7xxxxxx and 8xxxxxx. Mine is a 1977 edition with serial number 696231.

The effects board is separate from the preamp and poweramp combo-board. Still a big thanks mate! Would try to see with the similarities with the amp.

An honest mistake i guess from the thread title...it should be ROLAND JC60 1977 Service Manual request.

cheers!

Comment

I have that exact same amp and could never find the correct schematic. I looked forever and gaveup, actually still keeping an eye out. What is the problem with the amp? I had problems with a couple resistors burnt out on the preamp board. I basically got really lucky and CSI'd the burnt resistor color bands. I recapped the entire power board supply and the amp sounds amazing! If you really need the help with this amp I have a working one to reference if it comes down to that approach. Just let me know if I can help in any way, good luck! Also, I am reattaching some old pictures of the board(s) layout gut shot. I had these pics on here before but there was a server crash that deleted them...
        Last edited by DrGonz78; 12-08-2014, 09:54 AM.
        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Does this look like the amp you have in question? Preamp board, effects board, and power board. I took these pictures just to show all the wired connections on all the boards in case it ever helped anyone else.
          Attached Files
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

DrGonz78, yup that is how it looks. The wires were messed up. power transistors are taken out, TO-3 type. Newer transistors can be substituted as far as i know. At the preamp/powerboard, a 6-pin transistor is missing. Deducing from several jc120 schematics, its a FET-matched pair in a single case. Time to take pictures of it Doc....let me get back to you....

Comment

here are the insides:

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_001193.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	836116 Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_001194.jpg
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	836117 Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_001195.jpg
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	836118Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_001196.jpg
Size:	1,008.1 KB
ID:	836119 Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_001197.jpg
Size:	1,013.4 KB
ID:	836120 Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_001198.jpg
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	836121

obviously, last person who touched it made some markings but were not followed just the same. some parts were replaced and some are missing in the power amp board. anyways, i would love to bring this thing back to its working state.

Comment

Stereo Manuals .com seems to have one in your serial number range.

"Roland JC-60 Guitar Amp Service Notes #1 (1977) (Jazz Chorus 60) (Serial #512400 and up) Also JC-80 (Serial #510950 and up), JC-120 (Serial #510850 and up), JC-160 (Serial #512500 and up). Provisional Manual. G6 ROLJC60-SM1 20 total pages (2 intentionally blank), constructed as the original including almost entirely 11in x 17in folded /trimmed pullout pages, card stock covers, neatly assembled with 5 staples and fiber reinforced taped spine. Models covered: JC-60 (Serial #512400 and up), JC-80 (Serial #510950 and up), JC-120 (Serial #510850 and up), JC-160 (Serial #512500 and up). The original has a few small areas of faint print and it is printed on thin semi-translucent paper which makes it nearly impossible to improve upon. Overall quality: 10% Fair, 90 Very Good.

Roland High Quality Service Manuals User Owner Instruction Manuals Schematics Brochures Literature Printed PDF (some FREE)

Looks like $9.00 US.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                  Stereo Manuals .com seems to have one in your serial number range.

"Roland JC-60 Guitar Amp Service Notes #1 (1977) (Jazz Chorus 60) (Serial #512400 and up) Also JC-80 (Serial #510950 and up), JC-120 (Serial #510850 and up), JC-160 (Serial #512500 and up). Provisional Manual. G6 ROLJC60-SM1 20 total pages (2 intentionally blank), constructed as the original including almost entirely 11in x 17in folded /trimmed pullout pages, card stock covers, neatly assembled with 5 staples and fiber reinforced taped spine. Models covered: JC-60 (Serial #512400 and up), JC-80 (Serial #510950 and up), JC-120 (Serial #510850 and up), JC-160 (Serial #512500 and up). The original has a few small areas of faint print and it is printed on thin semi-translucent paper which makes it nearly impossible to improve upon. Overall quality: 10% Fair, 90 Very Good.

Roland High Quality Service Manuals User Owner Instruction Manuals Schematics Brochures Literature Printed PDF (some FREE)

Looks like $9.00 US.
                  Here are the service notes.

DrGonz78, don't despair and never lose hope.
                  Dsflores, good luck.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Finally, thanks for the "prescription" doctor! What a wonderful way to spend the upcoming days before new year in restoring this baby.

Many thanks a lot...

Comment

Hi, Doc! Finally this is what i came up with the power section for the JC-60. Its been quite a year-long restoration. I had it done just before New Year's eve.

Click on the link for details:

L.E. Amplifiers: Roland JC60 with LE Series 2 BJT

Power amp module details are here:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B98...uthkey=CMaYoHE

or here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B98...it?usp=sharing

A blessed new year to everyone!

Comment

Working...
                      X