Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Twin & Deluxe Reverb Input Jacks....horrible part!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone please tell me how to do this? I already have the old plugs removed and just need to know where to connect the wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Fumble Factor?

What, a couple of jacks?

I can deal with that if one comes in.

A true 'Fumble Factor' would be anything made by Mesa Boogie.
      You are sooooo right there on that one....

Comment

Hello! Really hard to find any info about my problem so registered here to ask you. I have a broken input jack on my princeton reverb 65 reissue. Do you think this small circuit board could be replaced with those Switchcraft L12A's on princeton reverb 65 reissue also?

Comment

I would be fine with only one input jack but somehow this problem affects my reverb also and makes it pretty bad sounding

Comment

If it helps here is a photo showing how the small circuit board is connected to the bigger one

Comment

termos, you really need to start a new thread for this.
              It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Agree. This is a 4 year old thread. But in the meantime:

Sure you can delete the board and use Switchcraft jacks. Just solder the resistors to the jacks like they did on the vintage amps and run wires to the main board. Here's the relevant input PCB schematic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Princeton-Reverb-65-Input-P.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	856289
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I must add in defense of the jacks, the ONLY way this damage can occur is through abuse. Like someone stepped on their cord and snapped the jack apart.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    I must add in defense of the jacks, the ONLY way this damage can occur is through abuse. Like someone stepped on their cord and snapped the jack apart.
                    Yep. Many of us have seen vintage Fender front panels bent instead of the jacks breaking. That is a lot harder to fix.
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

In termos defense I'll offer that there's not always a lot of control over what happens in a gigging situation. Not to mention something like an open mic night where anyone can play through your gear and be on stage. I've had to police those situations enough to know that casualties are common.
                      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Look at the board, what is on it.

A couple Jack's and the input grid resistors.

No reason why you can't replace them with a couple switch craft Jack's and wire the resistors to the jack like the old 60's Fenders.
                        Use some shielded cable to the tubes for added noise reduction.

Comment

And I see The Dude already stated this.

Comment

Yep. It's complicated for the layman because there a three section, stereo, cliff type switching jack there. But the actual jack function isn't as complicated as the part Fender put there.
                            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Well then, ...... less complicated:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Princeton-Reverb-65-Input.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	856290
                              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                              X