Mis-branded Fender parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis-branded Fender parts.

I ordered some parts for a Fender DRRI, including some pots from Antique Electronics. When I got the order, I noticed the four 1 Meg snap in vol pots individually packaged in "Fender Genuine Parts" packaging were actually all 250K pots. Interestingly, I could find no 250K snap in pots on their order pages, and since I will use them sooner or later, I will keep them. But now I need my 1 Meg snap ins, and am a bit dubious to just re-order them, fearing the same may happen. Of course I will contact the supplier after the holiday, to see how far I can get with that. But, has anyone else seen this?
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Sorry nosaj
    Last edited by Enzo; 01-18-2015, 07:41 PM.
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

I am sorry, somehow my post wound upon an edit screen and wiped your last post. That was not my intent.

My post:

Any supplier can mis-stock, mis-label, mis-pick, mis-ship, etc. It happens. This could be AES's fault or fender's fault, who knows.

You ordered one thing and got another, so of course contact the seller. Phone is best.

Just because you don't see something on a web page or a catalog doesn't mean they don't have it.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Nosaj had mentioned that the four 250K add up to 1M
        and asked if Randall had measured their resistance with an ohm meter.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Which brings up the question:' What is mislabeled?'

Have you measured the pot resistance?

Comment

Yes, The pots are marked and measure 250K, but the Fender bags with the cardboard hangers are labeled 1 Meg.

Comment

MCM (Newark) has done that to me a couple times and they usually just ship the correct ones at no charge.

Comment

Just spoke with AE, seems their entire stock of 1 Meg snap in pots is incorrect and they have as of this moment stopped shipment until it gets resolved with Fender. Refund for the parts, and I'm off looking for a new source,. Got a few free 250K pots out of it at least I guess.

Comment

Hey, give the parts bag stuffer person a break.
                  So they were one number off.
                  Oopsie.

Fender Control Snapin 1MEG J Taper 0037596000 *-* *

Fender Control Snapin 250K 30A 0037597000 *-* *
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 01-19-2015, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Yes, and now we get to see just how far and this mistake goes. I just ordered some from Parts Is Parts....

Comment

And the world it seems, is not coming to an end. The Parts Is Parts order contains the correct parts. Everybody can relax now!

Comment

Working...
                      X