Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.5V Pre-amp Circuit

Hi

I have a small portable speaker, designed for taking input from smartphones and the like, that I want to use to feed my SG through.

If I plug the guitar in, sounds does come through but it's not loud enough. I've googled around for simple preamp circuits, and there are many out there, however they all seem to be 9V or more.

I'd like to house the preamp in the speaker itself (there should be enough space) and drive the preamp from it's batteries, which are 4.5V.

Does anyone have or know of a 4.5V guitar preamp circuit or know whether it's likely to be feasible?

Thanks
    Bigus

Seriously. Check out a Marshall MS -2. They are about. $30, sound great (for what they are) , and you won't blow up the speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
      Seriously. Check out a Marshall MS -2. They are about. $30, sound great (for what they are) , and you won't blow up the speaker.
      It's more of an experiment. I want to see what it sounds like as a practise amp and if it sounds OK I might build it into an electric guitar I'm making. The Marshall would look a bit odd utilised in that fashion ;-)

Comment

Here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SimplePreamp.gif
Views:	1
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	836653
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X