Looking for someone to build me a ptp wired 50W Plexi 1987 type chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for someone to build me a ptp wired 50W Plexi 1987 type chassis

Hello, due to time constraints I need help building custom amp chassis, fully loaded using turret boards.

My next project is based on a 50W Plexi chassis with 1 extra noval socket. I will provide schematics, wiring diagram and all components.

I'm looking for someone who can build the complete chassis.

US residents only. Please contact me if interested.

Kind regards, Jens
    "Tubes are less likely than semiconductor devices to be destroyed by the electromagnetic pulse produced by nuclear explosions and geomagnetic storms produced by giant solar flares."

Why not just build it yourself?
    There are all kind of kits available for quick builds?
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

I have too many projects at the moment and need to build a number of 50W Plexi type amps for customers.
      "Tubes are less likely than semiconductor devices to be destroyed by the electromagnetic pulse produced by nuclear explosions and geomagnetic storms produced by giant solar flares."

Comment

How much are you paying? I'm more curious than interested.

Seems kind of odd to fish for perfect strangers to build for your customers
        ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Just thinking aloud.
          You specified "within USA" which is reasonable but not enough.

Shipping heavy parts and completed amps back and forth can be way more expensive than you think.

Don't know where you are exactly (even the California label covers a lot of ground) but personally (I make amps commercially and have had the exact same problem) I got 1 or 2 "kids", say between 18 and 28 y.o. , often Tech school students or experienced hobbyists or Musicians "who want to learn Electronics" , who I can contact in person, and which can come to my shop to work on a worktable which I setup for them or , Plan B, who live within a range I can drive to, let them a few boxes with parts and pick finished or semifinished products.

That's the time honored "Cottage Industry" or now called "Distributed manufacturing".

That way you can see them work, correct errors you see, and worst case stop them before they do (much) damage.

You split the work load: they do the "mechanical " side (populating, soldering, mounting parts such as jacks and pots or transformers) , even wiring and very basic troubleshooting, such as plugging amp in a Lamp Limiter and checking it does not explode, that it turns on and basically works.

You get the amps , test and finish them (biasing, setting some presets, checking key voltages, "ear" test, etc.)

Almost like if you actually built yourself, but setup and performance are your responsibility.

Otherwise you may come here in a few months and tell us all the horror stories.

FWIW I have been using that method for over 40 years now, with a variable "workforce" from 1 to 8, and have chunked out way over 10000 amps successfully.
          Some 12/13K by now.

Not a single amp, speaker, cabinet, has been delivered without my personal intervention, even if it was just a 3 minute playing test.

That way I cover 2 opposite goals, productivity way beyond what I could achieve alone and tight quality control.

Don't know what size batch you need to make, but something like this might work for you.

Side note: it's better to get "just one" person to build 20 end to end (you still check, calibrate and approve all), even if it takes slightly longer, than get, say, 10 people build 2 each, which can be a nightmare.

Each builder has his personal way to do things ... and his personal errors lurking.

"Just one" will be corrected a couple times and that's it ... "10 different" will drive you crazy.

Hope it helps.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

If you're in the Bay Area, shoot me a PM.
            Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Thanks very much, Mr. Fahey for your detailed and invaluable input and I had a similar approach in mind.

Comment

How much do you pay to build an amp?
                Lots here can do it.
                Probably none for beginner pay!
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

I don't get out of bed for less than £50. That's why I lie in bed all day.......

Comment

I know a couple nice good looking girls who don't get into your (or my) bed for less than £50, but I guess that belongs in another Forum
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                    X