Peavey 212 special lead section no light no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 212 special lead section no light no sound

Hi all. I have a 2004 peavey 212 special transtube. I recently took this apart and spray cleaned the pots. I believe that the lead section worked before i cleaned this. But was scratchy sounding tuning the pots. I was very careful. The light will not even come on when you push in the gain button in the lead section. I used a deoxit radio shack brand cleaner with lubrication. I have as well noticed that the efx level button on the rear of the amp makes a popping static noise. If you have either pre amp volumes up a little turning this amp on you will get a pop. The clean channel lights up a works fine. Push in the switch for lead and ultra the ultra lights up and works just fine. Thank you. Any help is appreciated. I have the schematics for this as well. I have a multi meter and looked this over. But need a bit more expertise.

Can you post the schematic?

Comment

Just to be sure. Is this something acceptable? Being new and all i would not want to spoil my welcome? I see you have been around here a while.

Comment

Yes, posting schematics is acceptable & encouraged.

Comment

HI will give this a whirl. I am unsure at this point how using this device. http://el34world.com/charts/Schemati..._schematic.pdf Here is the copy paste link were this was found. Please let me know is this is ok?
          Last edited by Midnight player; 02-02-2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Yes that is ok. The link works.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X