Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repost peavey 212 special with better info lead channel not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repost peavey 212 special with better info lead channel not working.

I have recently found a previous post. I have tested the relay switches. In the midi foot switch plug i have grounded pins 1,2,3 to trigger the relays. For some reason pin one provides no results. I have as well checking pin 1 pushed the clean and distortion channel switch with no result? The rest pins 2 and 3 will trigger the relay switches. At this point i will be looking into the +24vdc rail and testing to ensure of sufficiant power. I would be very appreciative of any help provided. The lead channel will not work no light no sound. I wished i had the foot switch. I have as well done a resistance check through the diode nearest each k1,k2 and k3 switches. I got a .7 on each. Wire nightmares o plenty. http://el34world.com/charts/Schemati..._schematic.pdf
    Last edited by Midnight player; 02-10-2015, 10:35 AM.

If the schematic you linked to is the correct one for your amp, then pin 5 does not connect to any of the relays. It probably supplies the leds in the foot switch and grounding it will pull down the 15 volt power supply.

Pins 1, 2 and maybe 3 will turn on the relays.

Comment

I will have to check that out. Thank you. I have noticed that the. The diagram shows my foot switch jack upside down? It appears the pins i checked was the 1,2,3 if the diagram is upside down. It would be pin 1 with no result this way.
      Last edited by Midnight player; 02-09-2015, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight player View Post
        I will have to check that out. Thank you. I have noticed that the. The diagram shows my foot switch jack upside down?
        Or is it showing the back side versus the front side?

Look very closely at the jack, usually the pins are numbered in the plastic.

Comment

I have looked real close and didnt see the numbers. It maybe the back side in the diagram. I am getting a resistance reading from pin 2 to r 116. So it should be the same position as the diagram reading it upside down to mine. Just a bit more to confuse the trickle down. Lol! I have as well checked with resistance tested pin 1 with c48. If you push in the clean and distortion button on the face plate under the bright switch. It will show that switch is working. I done the grounding of the pins in the fs again with power on . Pin 1 no relays click. Pin 2 clicks between lead and ultra channels with the leds as well and k2 relay clicks. Pin 3 clicks relay k1between clean and ultra. I did not hear k3 during the grounded pin test. When simply turning the amp on and off k1 clicks . Not k2 and k3. It looks like k3 may be the problem? Or an inline component?
          Last edited by Midnight player; 02-10-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X