Fender Deluxe 112 Plus Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Deluxe 112 Plus Problem

Hello all. its my first post here as you can see and i have a problem.. the model is mentioned above.. after some time playing the speaker begin to sound like .. drill with some vibrating noises. the volume know doesn` t work properly too . when i turn it to 9 its like 1.5 .. but the most specific are the vibrating sounds . sometimes it happens on a cold amp. sometimes after 30-40 mins of playing. once i dropped it from 5-6 cm on the ground and the problem disappears. also when i shake it i can hear some sounds from the inside. maybe something reverb related. any suggestions ? is it fixable ? Thank you !

Post an MP3 or YT video showing the noises.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Welcome to the place.
      Originally posted by DeadZeppelin View Post
      once i dropped it from 5-6 cm on the ground and the problem disappears.
      It seems that you have a loose component in the amp that needs to be resoldered. From your description I can't tell what component is loose, but on those amps, I'd guess that it is one of the main filter capacitors.

What sort of skill set do you have regarding electronics and the like?

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
        Welcome to the place.
        It seems that you have a loose component in the amp that needs to be resoldered. From your description I can't tell what component is loose, but on those amps, I'd guess that it is one of the main filter capacitors.

What sort of skill set do you have regarding electronics and the like?
        HEllo and thanks for the answer. my thoughts lead me that way too.. i got a soldener. and have some exp soldering. im only afraid that i wont be able to locate the right spot if i cannot see without "glasses" i have voltometer ( im not sure how is it in English) too and soldering materials. im planning to open it these days.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadZeppelin View Post
          HEllo and thanks for the answer. my thoughts lead me that way too.. i got a soldener. and have some exp soldering. im only afraid that i wont be able to locate the right spot if i cannot see without "glasses" i have voltometer ( im not sure how is it in English) too and soldering materials. im planning to open it these days.
          When you open up the amp, set it on it's side so the chassis can stand up on one end. Remove the mounting screws, I think 2 on the sides and 4 on the top. Slide the chassis out a few inches, but do not disconnect any of the wires. Sometimes the speaker wires are tied up with a cable tie that you may need to remove to get the chassis out enough. Be careful not to break the hook up terminals on the speaker.

There usually is metal foil that is glued to the inside of the case for shielding that will sometimes get caught on the chassis. Try not to tear it too much as you slide the chassis out.

With the chassis open, you should be able to see the entire circuit board. Carefully turn on the amp and using a wooden dowel stick, tap or push slightly on the parts on the circuit board and see if you can make the amp make the noise. I'd start with the two large filter caps located near where the power transformer connects to the circuit board. With any luck, you should be able to find the part that is loose or at least the section of the circuit board where it reacts to the physical stimulation.

Once you have found the problem part, you can then take the chassis completely out of the cabinet and remove the circuit board for soldering.

Keep us informed as to what you find out.

Comment

Hello Bill. and thank you so much for the support! today i open the amp like you said. screws.. foil .. everything is in right place. there are no visual problems on the board. im not so good with electronics thats why i didn`t test anything with wooden stick or something. here i uploaded few videos to see how it reacts.

https://vid.me/mJ7y
            https://vid.me/J2FH

i hit it with fist on the top.. the strange noises dissapeared. i open a can of beer and play for 30-40 mins. after that those things happened again. thanks once again !

Comment

If hitting it makes the problem either stop or start, then you have a loose connection, and most likely something needs to be resoldered.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hello again. i got everything resoldened. everything works fine now ! thanks for the support and everything

Comment

Working...
                X