New cab or new guitar?.. Hmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cab or new guitar?.. Hmmm

So I'm in the market to buy either a new guitar or a cabinet and I'm a little stumped on what to get. If I get a guitar I wil get a kramer pacer classic. If I get a cab I will get a Marshall MG4x12.
    Now I know what you are all thinking about with the cabinet. You may be thinking "Oh Mg cabs are bad. Spend $400 on a used Marshal 1960 4x12". Well here's the thing, nobody im my area is selling a 1960 cab and has not sold one in a long time and I'm not going to order a used one online and not try it out. It will be easyer for my to get the same speakers used in the 1960 cab for people I know than it is to get a used 1960 cab.
    Now that I said that, this is where I am having trouble. If I get the kramer I can get my first floyd equipped guitar. If I get the cab it will be my first cabinet. I currently have a marshall valvestate vs100 head and no speaker to play through.
    I have tried my valvestate vs100 through an MG4x12 and it sounded pretty good. I'm not looking to buy a cabinet for recording so I only need it for home use so I am not requiering the best sound possible. I also recently changed the speaker from my line 6 spider iv 30 and its tonally similar to the mg4x12 speakers So I know what to expect In terms of sound. Which do you guys think is the better choice. personally I'm leaning more towards the cabinet.
    Also one thing that is making me lean a bit more towards the cab is so I can say to people "yea, I own a Marshall half stack" Which is also pretty sweet to also brag about.
    The Les Paul is NOT too heavy. You're just not a man.

Answer these questions for better advice.

1) What is your current guitar.
    2) What is your current cabinet.

IMO, a good decision is based more on need than want. It's hard to recommend which you need more without knowing what you currently own.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I have 3 guitars 1 acoustic 2 electric. I jse my epiphone les paul traditional pro the most. As for cabinets none. Almost all my amps are combos except for my Marshall valvestate vs100 head

Comment

Get the cabinet. A 5-10W guitar amp can be a force to be reckoned with. IMHO...

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

I vote for 6 string bass! Its like you became the amazing shrinking guitarist...

Comment

What will get you most/hottest chicks?

and/or

What will your friends envy most?
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Well I got the guitar to do it. So I guess I'll go for the cabinet.

Comment

Working...
              X