has anyone worked on a roland ac 60?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone worked on a roland ac 60?

Just curious if anyone has worked on a roland ac 60 ? I know roland schematics aren't as easy to find as others. Anyone have this one? Has anyone got a source other than roland for the instrument input .? It looks like this but with different tabs. Almost zero space to adapt and jumper something else to the board as the jack is minimal in cross section.

jack.http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/738...ereo_Phone.jpg
    Last edited by musicamex; 02-19-2015, 03:19 AM.

Need a pic of the bottom of the jack, showing the pins.
    See if it matches this: Click image for larger version

Name:	4334-Lg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	836896

https://syntaur.com/Items/4334.html

Comment

Its different. 2 pins in line on one side and the one closest to the opening on the other side. I decided that since this was a real bear to even see let alone work on, id figure a way to install a metal jack with jumpers. I installed a shorter standoff under the board on the jack end and it flexed enough without strain to fit in a jack with the tabs tweaked And jumpered to the board. It was like doing a colonoscopy on a gerbil! Another authorized repair center only job, not designed to easily work on. BUT they are amazing for their size and how much stuff you can get into a sardine can. I think i would have chassis mounted the jack a seperate little board with flying leads instead of the main board. It is the most likely thing to break. I had no less than 60 screws, knobs, nuts etc in the parts tray just to see the solder on the jack tab of the board. If someone from roland reads this, DUH???!!!

Thank you for the reply and input. MISERY LIKES COMPANY.

Comment

No hum issues? Sometimes when you replace a plastic jack with metal you can get ground loops. Then you have to insulate the jack from the chassis with shoulder washers etc.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The amp sounds fine. No hum. They are a nice sounding amp and it is a miracle it is as reliable as it is after seeing how complex it is.. or should i say heavy on the parts count.

Comment

Working...
          X