Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformer book

Hallo my friends!

I've been looking for Robert G. Wolpert's "audio transformer design manual" for a long time, but didn't found because this book is out of sell for a long time. Also looked a lot at internet but nothing is up about, so my lost and bitter hope is to find someone who has this book, and wants to sell, or some good person who would like to copy it for me. Also a good way would be to rent.

Is there any oasis behind that desert?

A perhaps adequate substitute could be "Electronic Transformers and Circuits, Reuben Lee, 1955, 349 pages", you can download it from HERE
    Aleksander Niemand
    Zagray! amp- PG review Aug 2011
    Without the freedom to criticize, there is no true praise. -Pierre Beaumarchais, playwright (1732-1799)

Comment

Dear Alex.

I took a fast look at your page. Congratulations!!! you make a great work!!!

I allready know pmillett.com and I allready consider to send hem the file of a book out of sale that I have scanned on my own.

Also I allready have downloaded Lee's book and one of theese days I will print it.

What I want is the true Robert G. Wolpert's book or just a copy of it. Is a matter of I want to know everything about audio circuitry and I search for infinite information.

Anyway, Thank you very much for trying to help me!!!!

Comment

Thanks Angelo. As a matter of fact there is another book on transformers that covers everything down to metallurgy of core laminations but I'm afraid you'll have a big problem reading it as it is in Russian.
        Anyway, for anyone out there who does read Russian, the book by Cykin scanned into 3 huge zipped files is available for download HERE

Good luck hunting down the Wolpert book, if you find it pls let us know.
        Aleksander Niemand
        Zagray! amp- PG review Aug 2011
        Without the freedom to criticize, there is no true praise. -Pierre Beaumarchais, playwright (1732-1799)

Comment

That is an awesome book Alex and I'm going thru it right now. Another great source for Audio Transformers is at http://www.jensentransformers.com
          There is a whole section on Audio transformers by Bill Whitlock.
          KB

Comment

Thank you very much guys.

Unfortunately I understand only English and Greek, a big problem of reeding Russian engineer books. Anyway, I will try my hand with only Lee's book, and keep searchig for the Wolpert's book until I find or just get bored.

If I do find, I'll let you know.

I don't like to by a transformer, even if it is custom, because I am working on unusual amp designs of mine with parameters changing when I try to prove, and transformer specifications do so. This way I have many times to add turns, remove turns, add secondaries, or.....change the toroid! I don't try to make my life easier, I try to design better amps!!! (and save money)

Anyway, Is there anybody around who owns Robert G. Wolpert's "audio transformer design manual"?

Comment

Very old thread !
              This one ?

http://www.dissident-audio.com/AutoI...ign_Manual.pdf

Yves.

Comment

Thank you so much, fellow!!!!

I had almost forgot about me searching that book!!!!

I am really happy to have a PDF of it in my arms, right now!!!!

But, can I ask, where did you found it????

Comment

Working...
                X