Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with 5 way super switch needed Please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 5 way super switch needed Please..

I need some help with a diagram I am trying to use which calls for an import style basic 5 way switch. but I want to use a Super Switch 4 pole etc( its what I have and I know it should be more versatile). But I cant wrap my head around the switch differences. I know what they are connecting to internally. I guess the only difference is in the 2nd and 4th position the basic 5 way connects 1-2 and 2-3. I need to mimic that with the super switch , which I know can be done, just dont know how.
    Here is the diagram I want to use but with a super switch in place.http://disgaeamt.ru/archives/schecte...ional_30th.pdf
    Any help would be great. Thanks.

It can be done with a 4-pole 5-way superswitch. Think of the SS as 2 individual switches, one for the 'full output' connections, and the other for the tapped connections.

Since the middle pickup overlaps the other two, it must be on a single-pole segment (level) by itself. the bridge and neck pickups do not overlap, so they can share another single-pole segment. Please note that the wipers for these two signals are connected together and go to the push-pull switch.

Do the same thing with the other two switch segments (levels) by landing the 'tap' wires onto them, and combining their outputs on to the other throw of the push-pull switch.

Landing the pickups onto the 5-way is done just like the picture of the pickups on the sheet that you included. Since there are 5 solder pins and not simply three, land the neck on pins 1 and 2 (or 5 and 4, depending on how the switch is marked - be sure to check with a meter or visually first), middle on 2, 3, and 4 of a second level, and bridge on 4 and 5 of THE FIRST level. This leaves two other levels free for the taps.
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Thank you Eschertron! I love this forum!

Comment

I'm glad the info I gave you helped. I tried to cover it well, not knowing your level of familiarity with the the switches, or schematics in general.
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X