Carvin Belair - moding one channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Belair - moding one channel

I've been asked to look into the possibility of modding the, so called, Soak channel on a Carvin Belair amplifier. I've been tinkering with carvin amps before. Then I just threw out all circuitry and replaced it with an eyelet board. This time I'd like to try and go with a less brute force approach. At the moment I'm playing with the idea of a remake as in the picture. I don't know if I need a reality check or just some good advisory... Please comment on my idea. :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	mod_idea.gif
Views:	1
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	869365
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

I have the Vintage 33 with the 1rst level Hasserl mods, which take out the distortion diodes, and improves the quality of the "soak" channel. Look it up online. He has other mods he goes into. They are pointed toward the 50 watt Belaires so there are small differences in the schematic, but since you have the V33 schem, it should be easy to identify slightly different parts positions. I hope you find some useful information there.
    Can't afford retail, so I might as well build it. How hard can it be?

Comment

Originally posted by kkregsg View Post
      I have the Vintage 33 with the 1rst level Hasserl mods, which take out the distortion diodes, and improves the quality of the "soak" channel. Look it up online. He has other mods he goes into. They are pointed toward the 50 watt Belaires so there are small differences in the schematic, but since you have the V33 schem, it should be easy to identify slightly different parts positions. I hope you find some useful information there.
      Argh, why didnt i think of that? I actually saw a youtube clip where someone had modded the "soak" channel into a more fenderish vibe. It was probably some hasserl stuff going on.
      In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

OOps. I saw the Vintage 33 schematic, but you actually have a Belaire, so all the Hasserl mods are step by step for those. Here's the URL:Hasserl.com - Carvin VT50 / Nomad / BelAir
        I think he has a Belaire schematic. If not it's around. I just don't remember where right now. Perhaps the Carvin Museum site. Good luck.
        Can't afford retail, so I might as well build it. How hard can it be?

Comment

Working...
        X