An engineer's bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An engineer's bass

I'm hooked on engineered products, and this appeals to me. I'd love a guitar version;

Specs ? Stash Stainless Bass Guitar

nicely machined but looks uncomfortable!

Reminds me a little of a Gittler
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AFSE-Gittler-Main-750x1550.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	837062

but Rick Toone probably has more playable designs

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
      I'm hooked on engineered products, and this appeals to me. I'd love a guitar version;

Looks like it would appeal to Futureman Wooten!
      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

a re-fret would be quite involved or expensive (or both) but maybe never needed, can the lower edge be hollow ground razon sharp?

Comment

Maybe Leatherman could do a version. Looks like plenty of space for pliers and fold-out knives. A kind of post-apocalyptic survival bass you could cut down trees with, dig a hole, mend a fishing net and butcher a deer.

I think you'd need a new hand before it needed re-fretting. Seems like the 'frets' run all the way round.

Comment

Seems like the 'frets' run all the way round.
            Makes the 6- and 8-string versions easier to implement! ...maybe not to play, though
            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
              Makes the 6- and 8-string versions easier to implement! ...maybe not to play, though
              on a related note, the Batolin (also with circular neck cross section) is reported to be very hard to play

1.5" fretboard radius anyone?

Comment

At least these designers are thinking about making the instruments rugged and road-worthy! Although the pic of the Batolin does not suggest the venue would require such an instrument.

Comment

Working...
                X