Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal Flow questions

Hello all!

I have a Peavey JSX amp, with a TC Electronics G-Force Processor all controlled by a Roland FC-300 Midi foot controller..

I remember being told that I was able to program it for one button operation

Stomp #1) Changes amp channel to distortion / turns on FX loop / changes G-Force to desired setting

And so on for others

this is possible correct? I have to spend some time going through the manuals and identifying which channels are what but does anyone have experience with this setup?

-Sonny

You can set up user presets with the signal blocks you want and have 8 controller inputs for expression, switches and also midi control, switch between them with a single tap if you wish. It is not made the changes at run time, it is just switching the effect blocks you created or bypasses it. Using Midi however you can control much more in real time but that is really not something you would want to do while playing. You can also set up and of the effects to be controlled by the expression pedals. It is so versatile that you will get lost in options unless you really map out what you want and set it before hand. You can set thresholds that trigger the effect, or change the rate of change of the expression pedal based on signal level or tone.
    The biggest problem with the almost unlimited options is "paralysis by overwhelming choice". I never advise a guitarist to use so much electronics until they have already developed their signature style or else they never will. Over-reliance on digital effects have stunted the potential of more guitarists than the lack of it.

Comment

Originally posted by km6xz View Post
      You can set up user presets with the signal blocks you want and have 8 controller inputs for expression, switches and also midi control, switch between them with a single tap if you wish. It is not made the changes at run time, it is just switching the effect blocks you created or bypasses it. Using Midi however you can control much more in real time but that is really not something you would want to do while playing. You can also set up and of the effects to be controlled by the expression pedals. It is so versatile that you will get lost in options unless you really map out what you want and set it before hand. You can set thresholds that trigger the effect, or change the rate of change of the expression pedal based on signal level or tone.
      The biggest problem with the almost unlimited options is "paralysis by overwhelming choice". I never advise a guitarist to use so much electronics until they have already developed their signature style or else they never will. Over-reliance on digital effects have stunted the potential of more guitarists than the lack of it.
      Hi! Thank you!

You are saying that I should program my effects all into the G-Force and set up a bank for that? heres the problem... I hate my G-Force Distortion

Do you know if I can tell the FC-300 to (switch amp channel/turn on FX loop/ choose FX) or would it cancel itself out everytime I press it because of the AMP switcher?

Comment

With VG-99/FC300 "Control Change" mode you can assign up to 32 effect control functions to a single pedal closure, or assign a single function so each pedal independently controls one effect so you can combine or remove any effect while playing. Between those two devices, there is a lot of control options.
        The distortion effects of the G-Force have hundreds of programmable parameters options and rate of change are controllable by setting your own response curves so to simulate "touch". So in this regard it is hard to say "G-Force distortion does not sound good" and more than saying a particular brand of oil paint "doesn't make good paintings". I am not crazy about digital effects because of what it does to players, particularly less experienced ones, not because it does not sound good. It can, usually it doesn't but that is not an inherent characteristic of effects.

Comment

Working...
        X