You can't do that in America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't do that in America!

Musician's Friend has a Bugera 333 120W three channel tube amp on closeout for $249. Lots of parts in there, and lots of mod opportunity. I prefer a $300 used gray fuzzy Carvin X100B head for such things, but I'm shocked at the price of the Bugera. Bang 'em out and get 'em on the boat I guess ...

Bugera or otherwise, that's a crazy price. A lot of bang for the buck.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Buggy 6260 (their 5150 clone) is also $254 77% off list!
      Bugera 6260 120W Tube Guitar Amp Head | Musician's Friend

Buggy 1960 (Marshall clone) is $229 ! (though not currently in stock)

(Badcat Cougar is $429.99)

man I wish I hadn't just got fired...

Comment

The 333 is their Recto clone, yes? They've got the 6262 on clearance too: Bugera 6262 120W 2-Channel Tube Guitar Amp Head | Musician's Friend

Edit, never mind, it's the XXX/JSX clone.
        -Mike

Comment

I don't in any way shape or form need an amp right now. But, at that price, it's got me thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            I don't in any way shape or form need an amp right now. But, at that price, it's got me IRRATIONALLY LUSTING.
            fixed!

Comment

Double thanks. First for the coffee on my keyboard, and second for the "Leroy Jethro Gibbs back of the head slap" to get me back to reality.

Comment

I haven't bought an amp in 30 years. All of mine are clean. Are these good for overdrive?

Comment

As stated earlier, the 6260 is a 5150 clone. Is Eddie Van Halen overdriven enough for you?

Comment

As stated earlier, the 6250 is a 5150 clone. Is Eddie Van Halen overdriven enough for you?
                    He doesn't use any pedals?

Comment

If you're not familiar with the 5150 amp, it has plenty of overdrive. Lots of metal players use them. The 6260 is said to be a clone of that amp. I'm sure there are plenty of YouTube videos that will provide sound samples. Here's just one.

Comment

If you're not familiar with the 5150 amp, it has plenty of overdrive.
                        No, I'm not familiar with it. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Has it been 25 years ago really? Sheesh.

When New Sensor first brought out the Sovtek Mig series of amps, I bought one to check out, they were not expensive at all. The amp was OK, but to me, I saw it as built like a tank, and made with Soviet military type parts. I thought at the dealer price, these would be perfect to take the guts out and build my own amps in. Like buying an old Traynor head, except brand new and shiny. So I got a half dozen of them. Well one thing leads to another and, well, I still have two of them new in the box, unopened.

$250 for a working high power tube amp is a deal.
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Not to derail the thread, but it's a good story.

A friend of mine was painting houses in his college years in the Chicago area. He went into the garage of a house he was painting to mix some paint and noticed an entire wall of the garage was stacked with wooden crates from England. He asked the homeowner what was in the boxes. The guy told him that his son was in the military, and stationed there, and was buying amps and sending them home with his spare cash. The son never made it home, so there they sat and the father couldn't bring himself to selling them. It was an entire wall of vintage, unused, unopened, brand new Vox AC30's.
                            Last edited by The Dude; 03-18-2015, 11:16 PM.

Comment

I'm just starting to put this together starting with a rumor I heard this past weekend. Musicians Friend and Guitar Center are basically the same or owned by the same people, correct? Guitar Center owes lots of money to Fender and probably every other vendor that will give them credit. Guitar Center is having a cash crunch and is delaying or missing payments. Fender has their own problems and has discontinued many of the brands they bought up in the last decade. Is this another Radio Shack?
                              WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                              REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
                              X