You can't do that in America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
    I'm just starting to put this together starting with a rumor I heard this past weekend. Musicians Friend and Guitar Center are basically the same or owned by the same people, correct? Guitar Center owes lots of money to Fender and probably every other vendor that will give them credit. Guitar Center is having a cash crunch and is delaying or missing payments. Fender has their own problems and has discontinued many of the brands they bought up in the last decade. Is this another Radio Shack?
    File under "The High Price of Cheap."

All 3 of 'em and others besides have been hurtin' pups since vulture capitalists got involved, Bain Capital being one of them. Imagine how well off we'd all be if Mitty Rich and his fiends (R left out on porpoise) got to run the country. Any more & this belongs on soap box or storm drain so I'll

On to better things.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I like to fire people!

Comment

So you guys want to go political?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Has it been 25 years ago really? Sheesh.

When New Sensor first brought out the Sovtek Mig series of amps, I bought one to check out, they were not expensive at all. The amp was OK, but to me, I saw it as built like a tank, and made with Soviet military type parts. I thought at the dealer price, these would be perfect to take the guts out and build my own amps in. Like buying an old Traynor head, except brand new and shiny. So I got a half dozen of them. Well one thing leads to another and, well, I still have two of them new in the box, unopened.

$250 for a working high power tube amp is a deal.
          These Sovteks are going for $5-600 on the used market now. Once people figured out they were decent, they stopped being cheap!

Musician's Friend is also clearing out a bunch of Bugera's other models, I think their plexi clone was around the same price. Something about replacing all these models with their "infinitum" versions.

Comment

Here you go. If I had the extra cash I'd get this even though I hate Bugera's business practices. Not used, open box. I guess you could say it's used but still...

Used Bugera 1990 Classic 120W Tube Guitar Amp Head Black | Musician's Friend
            --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

Well, if you want to go to the end of the problem, yes, it *is* political.

No other way to understand how a Thirld World, agricultural Country, very poor and uneducated, without industry , oil, colonies, capital, etc. can become a World Leader in just 25/30 years.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
              X