tweed deluxe sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tweed deluxe sound

I'm building a tweed deluxe and have run out of .1 caps but have plenty of .2 caps. What sound change might be expected?

Thanks,
    Jason
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Depends on how it is used in the circuit.
    But you can use two .2 in series to make a .1
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

0.1s give too much low end to begin with. Better to go with .047, .033 or even .022.
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
        0.1s give too much low end to begin with. Better to go with .047, .033 or even .022.
        In which positions? using standard fender tweed deluxe schematic
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

It kind of depends on your guitar and playing stye to some degree. You may have to experiment. If you like clean tones with Volumes low (less than 2), you might like 0.1uF from the preamp stages to the Volumes. If you like Neal Young or play with humbuckers, .047 is probably what you want. The one feeding the PI can go real small and not make much difference although there is a difference in the feel of the amp. Merlin suggests a 470K grid stopper on the PI. To the 6V6s go small enough to get the muddy farting to go away, .047 or .022. Plenty of threads on this in the Tweed Builders -> 5E3 sub-forum. Many builders also tweek the cathode bypass caps until they get what they want.
          WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
          REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
          X