Traynor T30/GR info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traynor T30/GR info needed

Hi, I have a Traynor T30/GR amp (Yorkville) it was made in Korea I am looking for a footswitch for the reverb. Does anyone know of an aftermarket switch that would work?
    Thanks for any info.

Help us out a bit.
    What is the jack configuration?
    1/4"?

Comment

Is reverb the only function the footswitch controls? If so, plug a one button stomp switch in and see.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It's 1/4

Comment

I thought about doing that. I have a one button Fender switch but was told the Fender switch is not a standard stomp.

Comment

Just contact them and ask.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I wrote Traynor from their website the other night. Am waiting for a reply. While I was on there I tried to find some info on my amp. I can't find it listed . It seems that I have the only one in captivity.
              Last edited by 2manygits; 03-20-2015, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2manygits View Post
                I thought about doing that. I have a one button Fender switch but was told the Fender switch is not a standard stomp.
                Who told you that.

And which Fender switch, specifically?

Some switches Are made for certain circuits.

I would insert a guitar cord & briefly jumper the tip to ring.

Comment

A lot of Fender switches for old amps like a Twin Reverb used two RCA plugs. But if you have a one button fender stomp with a 1/4" plug, I'll bet my lunch money it will work.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

My Fender switch is for my Mustang, I have an old Roland switch and a Peavey switch somewhere around here that I know are simple stomps. I'll dig one up and try them.

Comment

Yeah, the Mustang will not cut it.

It would be nice to know if the jack is a simple Tip/ Ring (Reverb On/ Off).
                      If so, this is what you need (or something similar)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender Ft Sw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	837171

Can you post a pic of the amp?

I would look on the rear panel for more numbers.
                      It may very well say TR30/GR on the front.
                      I thought the amps started with a Y.

Comment

You should be able to insert a plug into the jack and feel if there are two "clicks" - possibly determine if it's a TRS or just a standard mono jack.
                        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I might have one of those simple Fender around here. As for the amp there is no y prefix just 4000988, it does have a large Y and Yorkville in a separate box. I think it was made back when Traynor was regrouping. I just might take the back off and check the jack. I figure it is just a tip/ring. It also has a footswitch jack on the front that I think is the channel change.

Comment

There is a channel switch. If the reverb is also switchable you will need a 2-button latching type switch. But I can't say for sure, it is possible there is no switching for the reverb.
                            Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                            I thought the amps started with a Y.
                            The ones Yorkville builds have model numbers starting with Y, but also other letters.
                            This is one of there entry level offshore/import amps, I believe they were made in Korea.
                            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by 2manygits View Post
                              I just might take the back off and check the jack. I figure it is just a tip/ring. It also has a footswitch jack on the front that I think is the channel change.
                              You mean there is a footswitch jack on the front as well as the back?

Comment

Working...
                              X