AC Outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Outlet

Can anybody tell me who manufactures these outlets?

Click image for larger version

Name:	OxB1jUt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	869406

I'm guessing its somewhere in Poland....kidding! Those look like the old amp (Fisher/Dynaco) AC outlets they had in the back and are very hard to get. People sell used pulls for $10-20 on fleabay!
    Sansui QS 500 Amplifier Parts AC Outlet | eBay
    I'd nibble a little bit bigger hole and use the snapins like this
    http://www.amazon.com/Panel-Mounting...f=pd_sxp_f_pty

Comment

Cinch made an equivalent part. I have also seen some marked KULKA.
      I suspect that there is no current production of those exact outlets by any mainstream manufacturer.
      The ones I have were salvaged from old equipment and saved for restoration projects.

Comment

The issue you will run into is that the socket is not polarized.

A real no no if you try to make one like that nowadays.

Comment

The only use I can see for them is restoration where a collector wants it exact and accurate. You can find usable ones in a variety of old hifi amps dumpster diving. They used them for switched power for turntables. If it's a new build, or even a non-collector repair, use a modern design or disconnect it IMHO.

Comment

The problem in a Sunn amp is that they break real easy. All it takes is a lateral tug on a cord plugged in there. Since the line cord hot and neutral solder to directly to the outlet, removing is a pain. You have to install a terminal strip or go with wire nuts.
            WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
            REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
            X