Installing MM Irons in RI AC15CCI...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing MM Irons in RI AC15CCI...

I just got off the phone with Patrick, I ordered two MM transformers, PT and OT for the AC15
    MM: PT is VXP15RI
    MM: OT is VXO 15 A-L
    That should help..
    Anyone done this before?
    Know where I can find a schematic for my exact amp ?
    Offer any tips [like will it need re-biased?]
    OR suggestions...
    I'm hoping to make it a three step method:
    Warranty
    Void Warranty
    Have improved working amplifier
    I'm going to 'map' what's there with color or coded markers on all the wires, piece of paper with the connection locations...have big HD iron etc.
    Is there anything I could be knowing about? Besides the time between now and when they arrive ?
    I found a schematic but the numbers resolution has been reduced to be too blurry to see.
    I tried to contact VOX, but don't know enough about letting them open content in this computer just to send an email.
    Last edited by petemoore; 08-22-2007, 07:59 PM.

Try Webervst for a schematic.
    KB

Comment

v

Vox popped a schematic for the CCI right off in an Email, very nice.
      The Merc OT arrived W/diagram.
      I had to pull most of the main board screws, then pivoted it from there to get to the Iron mount nuts, If to do it again, I'd consider cutting the two inside mounting screwheads off, then tapping into the chassis next to the mount tabs, put a strap on that side.
      Otherwise the primary had 3, has 'one odd two of the other' [from a post and output tubes], no miss, and the secondary I just wired for 8 ohms.
      Once I got the old wiring mapped and pulled the old new iron, I was able to easily stick a plug in the speaker jack and trace to the two wires which went to the transformer..I connected ground/sleeve and 8ohms/tip.
      Total 3 lug solders and 2 twistwire solders, done in an hour.
      I hear the other reason they are called 'transformers'.

Comment

Working...
      X