Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at getting an orange but can't decide which one. Here are the options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at getting an orange but can't decide which one. Here are the options.

Ok so I'm looking to buy myself a new amp and of the amps I have tried I really love the orange amps. Of the orange amp I'm looking at buying is either the Micro terror or the Dark terror. I have tried both and really like them both. But here is where the truouble comes in, I can't decide which one to get. I play 80's style metal, guns n roses, Tom petty andthe occasional Metalica. Of the styles of music I play which would be best. I'm thinking the Micro terror would be the best choice for me but I would like some reccomendations.
    The Les Paul is NOT too heavy. You're just not a man.

Well...

The Micro is a SS amp with a single tube in it doing something. It will "feel" more like a SS amp and costs about US $150

The Dark is a tube amp. It will "feel" like a tube amp. It costs about US $650

Neither is big enough to carry it's own in a band situation, practice or gig. If you play in a band or intend to, you will always need access to a PA or other sound reinforcement option. If you don't play in a band and never expect to then this doesn't matter.

If you are happy with the tone of the Micro you may as well save the $$$. OTOH if you're familiar with, and use to the feel of a tube amp the Micro may leave you wanting what's missing. What's missing costs $550 and is what the Dark has

I don't think there can be any argument about which is an entry level amp and which is a signature product.

There's my burn down on it. I haven't played either.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

MOST orange amps are one trick pony's. Not that its a bad thing. i find the gain characters all sounds the same. the dark terror kills the micro terror IMHO. the dark terror is quite gainy and would suite your style. The rocker 30 is byfar my favorite Modern Orange. infact i loved it so much i made a clone.

Comment

Working...
      X