DDX3216 repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems I have lost my audience

Anyway, I have replaced the 32.768kHz crystal and checked the frequency (of the new crystal) on the scope and that looks good.
    However, the mixer doesn't start up yet.

I have checked the activity on the flash memory chips (IC15 pin 1-14) on the CPU01 board and can see activity. However I see somewhat regular patterns so the program may be looping or restarting - not sure.

Not sure how to proceed, will read other threads some more...

Comment

For the record...

I have disconnected all ribbon cables from the CPU01 board and only connected the LCD and power cables.
      I removed the +5v connector pin and put my multi meter in series on Amperes and measured 157 mA. To me, this seems a plausible value.
      The schematic I've got contains a page that lists current for each power connector pin and has 190mA written for the +5V for this connector.

To me this does not look like a shorted decoupling cap on the rail.

I may also do the 3.3V rail...

Comment

Does anybody have the binary (hex) dump for the flash chips (IC15-19)??

Comment

Yup will see if i can upload them....Watch this space

Attached

PM me for the password

Taken from a working DDX ,OS 1.12, May have 2 adats in it , so may report IO errors on first boot ,or may not ?.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by S2udio; 04-09-2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Awesome! thanx!

Comment

Hi Guys! I am really running out of luck with my Behringer DDX3216 LCD. Does anybody have suggestions for a replacement unit? I purchased a similar type LCD from Crystal Fontz America but it has 8 data I/O's and the AMD sc300-33kc has 4. Unfortunately I cant make it work and no reply from Behringer because they already stopped production of these units. Any ideas? Very much appreciated for any suggestions. Thanks!

Comment

You have me confused.

The AMD is a microcontroller, not an LCD.

As far as I can see, the data pins for the LCD are the same.
                D0-D15.
                Attached Files

Comment

My apologies for the confusion. The AMD (ELANS SC300-33KC) is the one driving the system but provides the following, LCDD0 to LCDD3, FRM, M, CP1, and CP2. The one I got has D0 to D7 and some more pins which confuses me. It has 4 data pins more. I am not really an expert on this, sorry!

Comment

Is it normal around here to hijack threads??

Comment

Hi obiwanjacobi! Sorry If I unintentionally went in to this thread. The truth is, I am not used to this conversation and I am not very knowledegable in the thread business. My apologies to you and the rest. I thought I can just shout for help! Thanks!

Comment

No Problem. Typically it is more useful to start your own thread for each problem. In there you can refer to other threads that you have read or discuss a similar problem. If the problem is very close to what an existing thread discusses, it is usually ok to pitch in.

No hard feelings
                        Marc

Comment

Very much appreciated! Only, since it was my second time to join in, I really don.t know where to start. I saw your problems re DDx and I thought since it is related, I went in. Well I don't take anything against anyone anyway. And it's my mistake so I am very sorry about it. But maybe I can also gain friends later on. Many thanks and pardon me guys! And of course no hard feelings!

Comment

Right, So my programmer arrived and I read all memory chips (IC15-19) and saved their contents on my PC and programmed IC15-18 with the binary images i got from @S2udio - IC19 was exactly the same the others weren't.

Reinserted the chips and when I boot, instead of the logo I now get the Invalid Program error message.

Which raises the question:

Did I read in the bin files correctly?

I 'think' my programmer software simply read in the file as separate bytes, but it also has several other options (all having to do with little/big indian of words and longs etc)...?

I will try to reflash the firmware but hold no high hopes for that procedure...

Any suggestions are welcome.

BTW: I finished recapping the PSU and it does not make noise anymore and seems to work fine.

Comment

Hi obiwanjacobi.
                              If I may ask, how did you obtain the contents for the ICs 15 - 18 (AT29C040) ? Even if you have a working unit, you cannot read the content, because they're SW protected. And as usual, Behringer was not willing to provide them when asked to.
                              Last edited by paleeman; 05-03-2015, 04:03 PM.

Comment

See post #19.

Comment

Working...
                                X