Dlx Rev footswitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dlx Rev footswitch?

Hi- have myself a fender 65 Deluxe Reverb RI build here: I bought some used main boards, new chassis & Rev xfmr which are fender orig exactly as per the RI, & a hammond 291bex / Mojo OT / hammond choke.

Im nearing completion of build but 1 thing not present- the footswitch. Now, what I do have is a Peavey Bandit 65, 2-button (effects on-off/ rev on-off) footswitch which has the same stereo 1/4" plug needed. Q is would it be compatible?

I hope to add a link here to a diagram of the PV (afaict it is this one in the main pic) https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pe...ml%3B640%3B569

Thanks, Chief

Yes, the Peavey 2 button switch will work.

The Vibrato will use the Tip.
    The Reverb will use the Ring.
    Sleeve is used for the ground connection. (should be a shielded wire.)

65_Deluxe_Reverb_RI___ Ft Sw.pdf

Comment

The link you posted is actually a generic footswitch diagram discussed on a forum thread that happened to pop up with your search. AFAICT it's not specifically noted as a "Bandit 65" footswitch diagram.

Not sure if your Bandit 65 footswitch is the one with the indicator lamps or not. That might change the plug arrangement. I would just open it up and check the circuit for myself. I think you just sort of rip the bottom rubber off like a Tupperware lid (I had a Bandit 65 in my youth).
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hi JazzP hope all good with you.

Thx for link- I do have the schematic in fact, its just I dont have one for the Bandit 65 to compare.

Just opened, and its nice and simple: 2 switches with only a single pole terminal at each end, on both (is that a SPST?).

The red wire goes only to REV switch hot end. The black wire goes to the hot end (i assume) of the SELECT/ EFFECTS switch.. and the shield wire links both other ends/ neg ends of both switches.

Simple.. but they do my head in! Thx Sea Chief.

Comment

It looks inside, the same as this main diagram (but without the led's/ forget these).

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pe...ml%3B800%3B505

Is this defo the same as a Dlx Rev 2 button FTSW?

Thanks.

Comment

If it's like this it will work:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	7cZFc.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	837305
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

All the footswitch is doing is 'grounding' out each function.

So this can be verified with a simple continuity test.
              Tip to Sleeve: Connected/ Not Connected.

Ring to Sleeve: Connected/ Not Connected.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                If it's like this it will work:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]33506[/ATTACH]
                Hi there G1 hope all good with you out there.

Thanks- it is like that yes, but the switches are not a 6-terminal type, but a simple 2 pole type (DPST-?).

Comment

That's fine, it will work.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Excellent- thanks chaps.

Comment

Working...
                    X