Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dlx Rev Reissue. OT wiring Q.

Chaps,

the DRRI confusingly has two red wires going to adjacent terminals on the DRRI, and I need to know which goes where.

One red wire is from the OT. Other red wire is from the filter boards in a 'bunch' coming from underneath.

CP14 and CP15 are the adjacent terminals on M'board.

[Mine's a '2002 fender..' but only a 1993 schematic available. I hope nothings changed. This schematic of OT section -top RHS- has its Red wire only labelled 'B+' and not obvious where it goes. There is a CP15 near the STBY switch/ rectifier section -mid BTM- also with 'B+' and an arrow up. Assumption is this CP15 connects to the OT red wire.. but one online photo Im using as ref seems to show his OT wire going to CP14 next to it.

Anyone help? thanks Sea Chief.

CP14 comes directly from the rectifier.

CP15 is after the standby switch & IS the B+ for the OT.

65_Deluxe_Reverb_RI RED Wires.pdf

Comment

Great- thanks JazzP. This is why checking 3x is so important- I missed this (had OT wired to CP14) on checks 1 & 2! hate to think what the result..

Comment

JazzP if you're still there-

as the filter caps are in a can innaccessible underneath, where can I drain the filter cap charges? is there one convenient place on a circuit I can do this w'out going to each filter cap + end?

Comment

C15 is the B+ voltage.

Drain that to ground through a 1K/ 1 watt resistor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            C15 is the B+ voltage.

Drain that to ground through a 1K/ 1 watt resistor.
            understood. but its a fiddly location/ a push-on connector left & right to it, each only 1/8" away.

V1 pin 1? does that drain the filter caps' high v right along/ back to V1? seems a bit odd, as usual voltage here is only 1.6v.

Comment

Working...
            X