P90 covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 covers

Anyone know who has the best P90 covers.

Seams I can get Humbucker materials that are pretty spot on for measurements, appearance and quality from a few different places now a days...P90's on the other hand are hit and miss.

The dog Ears I have now are much too square in the corners. If you want a good colour cream, you have to get the import sized covers, the Gibson spec radiused ones are too pink. Then figure in the OEM pickup routes can be all over the place.

There has to be a better source for P90 covers.

The only ones I can find that seem to be close to accurate are the black soap bars mojo sells.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guitar fetish has some nice cream aged ones

Comment

See http://www.guitarfetish.com/Hand-Age...m_p_11264.html

What about casting your own with polyurethane resin using a Gibson cover as the master for a silicone mold? Otherwise Throback sells his covers for $45 ea. You might be able to get covers from Seymour Duncan if you ask the right person.

Comment

I don't know if I'm too into the distressed GFS look..or dealing with GFS at all for that matter.

Casting seems like it would be interesting...I wonder what kind of costs would be involved. It would be easy enough to track down a 50's dog ear cover as the master.

I can't imagine Duncan would sell his P90 covers wholesale.

The throbaks look great, but I can't sell a P90 with a $45 cover.

Comment

Working...
        X