Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eden WTB700 distortion control faulty

Good afternoon too you all

I have a Eden head and cabinets in for repair. Cab's are done. Customer brought used and said that the Distortion control does nothing from when he brought it . Ive confirmed this, Was hoping to check with a local guitar shop near me who are eden dealers, But none with distortion in stock. On checking the amp its had some work before on the Distortion area.
    everything else on the amp works well.

WTB700.pdf

Im unsure if im understanding this circuit correctly now
    Pin 5 - 6 on U1b i should have a signal ????? , But i have nothing
    I have a variable signal on the wiper of Vr1
    -6v at junc of R12 and T1

This really getting on my nerves. Ive checked the 15+ 15- supplys to that area all good. Vr1 and Vr2 are ok. Changed T1 and U1 and 2 x in4148

I was having a good day up and till then. This is the last job of the day.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter and point me out the errors of my ways

Watch out for those high voltages

BBB

The two controls are interactive, the gain control shorts out the two diodes when it is turned down and the edge control is turned full on. The edge control either limits the signal going into U1b or limits the output coming from U1b.

Try turning down the master and then turn on the gain boost switch, turn up the gain control full CW and then rotate the edge control and see what it does.

The -6 volts on the jfet gate should change when the compressor is turned on and there is a signal at the output of U1b.

Comment

You bill are a star.

I had the master up about 1/3 and i couldn't see anything on the scope. I knew there was something i was doing that was wrong. Thats why i went to the local guitarshop who are eden dealers
      I did a different model a few months ago with distortion and i remember that control was working but didnt change the sound too much

Have yourself a beer tonight

BBB

Comment

Working...
      X