Fender FM212r no channel switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender FM212r no channel switching

I have a fender fm212r that had no output. I found r145 open . Tested out of circuit, subbed a 370ohm for the 330ohm and was able to get it to pass sound but not switch channels. Drive switches fine.

Can anyone help me through why it's not switching channels with the footswitch or the button on front panel.

Thanks,
    Jason
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

So look at the schematic, in the switching section, find TP20 and look at the nearby note about the test point voltages. Then see what TP20 is doing, then follow it along through U7b to TP22, and see what you find.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      So look at the schematic, in the switching section, find TP20 and look at the nearby note about the test point voltages. Then see what TP20 is doing, then follow it along through U7b to TP22, and see what you find.
      I think also the footswitch I'm using is one I had cobbled together sometime ago using a TPS connector, the schematic looks like it is a mono connector. Anyone have an idea on building a 2 switch mono footswitch for this amp?

the controls channel switch and more drive are now working after looking at back of board and reflowing some joints. But still have to work out a footswitch if anyone can help.

Thanks jason

Comment

The Fender footswitches use a plain old mono guitar cord, even the ones with five buttons.

Look at your schematic, see what gets disconnected by the jack? That is all the stuff down through D40 and D41. Duplicate that circuitry in a pedal and plug it in.

The stock pedal is 994062, and it would have LEDs in it. I don't have my pedal file with me, but I'll try to look it up when I can. I am not sure just how the LEDs were in the circuit. VOltages matter, se we can't just slap them in.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ok I cobbled this pedal together http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/topic79656.pdf

Now for TP20 with Footswitch
          drive 2.3vdc normal 9.33v def not right

withouth footswitch using panel
          drive is 2.3vdc
          normal is .68vdc close but not .75vdc
          my footswitch is using a green led and a red led green is ch switching if that makes up for voltage difference.

just don't know about that 9.33vdc. For some reason my thinking is leaning towards testing r119 and r121 but i can't say why.
          TP22 is good
          Now TP23 on Q22 voltages correct with no footswitch
          normal channel switching works without footswitch

Thanks,
          Jason

Comment

The actual footswitch schematic can be seen here:
            http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psd89acef5.gif
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That could explain a lot of why it's not working. hmm, guess I'll try to get a hold of the original as I don't have some of the components.

Comment

try to replace D43 and D47 ( zener 10v ) and D48 and D49 ( 5.1 v zener )
                Last edited by nap_alfa55; 04-13-2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nap_alfa55 View Post
                  try to replace D43 and D47 ( zener 10v ) and D48 and D49 ( 5.1 v zener )
                  Replaced d43 d47 d48 d49 and u7 and once I got the footswitch resoldered the footswitch jack and all is working well now.

Thanks all

jason

Comment

Working...
                  X