Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlsbro GLX 100 Mains transformer

Hi.
    Does anyone know the voltage and rating for the secondary windings on this Amp. I have just bouht one second hand and I suspect someone has put a smaller mains transformer to replace the original.

Why do you think so?
    What is the rail and transformer voltage?
    Any transformer pictures?
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

The transformer that is fitted is 23v 0 23v and rated at 30VA. It just doesn't look up to the job to me. Sorry but I have no pictures.
      It is not the original as it does not use the original fixings.

Comment

User manual claims 100W RMS into 4 ohms.

Such an SS amp requires 30+30VAC , 120 to 150VA .
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thanks Juan.
          That is more like the rating I would have expected to see. There is a lot of clipping on the clean channel when played and I suspect this is because the supply voltage is too low.

Comment

It may help to monitor (and possibly rule out) the input signal to the power amp.

If that is clipping, well.........

Comment

If the main filter caps are original to the amp, check the dc voltage rating. That will give you a clue as to what the main power supply voltages could have been.

Comment

Pre amp checked ok

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                It may help to monitor (and possibly rule out) the input signal to the power amp.

If that is clipping, well.........

Hi.
                As you suggested I tried the signal from the pre amp and this is clean so the problem definately lies with the power amp. I feel sure it is the transformer output to low.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X