5F1 rebuild resistor advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5F1 rebuild resistor advice needed

I built a 5F1 clone several years back. I did a lot of things wrong because I didn't have access to very much information. This was before the internet so information was not just a click away. I am completely rebuilding the board with better caps and new carbon comp resistors. I looked up the resistors on Mouser's site. I can get all the resistors in 1/2 watt and 5% tolerance that are rated for 350 volts. Are these values right or do I need something different?
    Thanks a lot,
    Gene

Fender used 1/2 watt and nothing near 5% tolerance and many of their amps are still running. Seems like a fine idea to me.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

½ watt be just fine for most of the resistors. The 10K in the power supply must be bigger. i use a 5 Watt 10K and a 2W 22K

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I did some more research last night and was thinking of getting 5 watt wire wound resistors for both of the power supply resistors. Is there any reason not to go this route?
        Thanks again,
        Gene

Comment

The wire wound resistors is normally bigger. Check you have room for them before you buy them.

Comment

Working...
          X