posting mp3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posting mp3s

I was about to write a post descirbing a strange noise an amp was making when I thought how much easier it would be to post a short mp3 of it.

Is there a reasonable way to do this if you don't own any webspace? Is there any sort of audio equivalent to photobucket where you can post audiofiles? I couldn't find anything. How nice would it be to just say "My amp is doing THIS (link to mp3 clip)".

Or how bout:

"my amp is making a loud hum"

"is it 60hz or 120hz?"

"I don't know but it sounds like THIS"

maybe here?

http://www.soundclick.com/

as for 60Hz, 120Hz, etc. there was a site something(sonic?)excursion.com? where they had various test tones so I suppose you could compare them to what you're hearing from your amp or point out that it sounds like one of the frequencies there.

Comment

Originally posted by dai h. View Post
      Maybye we could put tech clips under "electronica"

That might work. It's more hoops to jump through than I was thinking. A Little MySpace-y.

as for 60Hz, 120Hz, etc. there was a site something(sonic?)excursion.com? where they had various test tones so I suppose you could compare them to what you're hearing from your amp or point out that it sounds like one of the frequencies there.
      I just threw that out as a theoretical exchange. Hum isn't actually my problem here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ptron View Post
        Is there a reasonable way to do this if you don't own any webspace?
        There is now! You can attach audio files to your posts. I just enabled it today.
        -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

re: the soundclick I sort of re-discovered I had signed up to it a long time ago, and by signing in I found I was able to download the mp3 version of sound clips that people had posted, FWIW.

I just threw that out as a theoretical exchange. Hum isn't actually my problem here.
          right, I just thought that site I was thinking of might be useful for that. Maybe for using a PC as a cheap signal generator too(?).

Comment

arrgh, finally found it. REALM of excursion. lol... Might be useful, I suppose.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/downloads.htm

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post
              There is now! You can attach audio files to your posts. I just enabled it today.
              Excellent! I think this will be a very useful tool on this forum.

Comment

Working...
              X