Vov AC30CC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vov AC30CC1

Would anyone have a schematic for a Vox AC30CC1 they would be willing to share. This is an early production version with a 1 12" speaker.

Thanks,
    Drewline

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

The AC30CC1 uses the same chassis as the AC30CC2.
    Therefore, I think that the attached AC30CC2 service manual will provide the information that you need. For example, note that on page 10 there is a CC1 parts list section.
    VOX AC30CC Service Manual.pdf

Comment

Thanks Tom,

This a totally different manual from the Vox Ac30CC2 manual in my file.

Regards,
      Drewline

Comment

Originally posted by Drewline View Post
        ...This a totally different manual from the Vox Ac30CC2 manual in my file...
        Different in a good way? I.e. more/better information or...

Comment

Much more complete. The manual we have is 3 seperate pdf files of the preamp, power amp & effects. Thanks again.
          Drewline

Comment

AFAIK, and correct me if I'm wrong, with Custom Classic (CC) -series "2" simply indicated a twin speaker setup and "1" a single-speaker + "lite" setup. Basically, "1" was the lighter and slightly less expensive version, lightness factor being enhanced by use of neydyminium drivers.

AC30CC appeared in both versions "2" and "1". Latter was withdrawn because cost difference to "2" was not great enough to sustain the product. "X" (as in AC30CC2X), I believe, again simply indicated use of a different loudspeaker than the standard stock one.

AC15CC appeared only as version "1". In comparison to AC30's and former AC15's this design was modified to be single-channel only. Rectifiers were also solid-state but with added series resistance to mimic tube rectifier's characteristics.

Comment

Just been fixing an AC30CC1 for our lead guitarist who reported the standby light pulsing at the same rate as the tremolo controls. Although a number of posts on the internet suggest this is normal due to the way the tremolo voltage is delivered to the EL84 grids, I decided to investigate further. I noticed the addition of two 200 ohm, 22w resistor in parallel and wired in series with the standby switch (this looks like a factory mod) but not on the VOX service manual schematic. Measuring the voltage on the GZ34 cathode (amp at idle ) showed a voltage swing of approx. 100v p-p on the scope and this seems to be sufficient to turn the Q104 on/off and hence the standby light.
              Although the above internet posts suggest this is normal, I had not seen this before so I replaced the GZ34 and now, unless the tremolo depth is able approx. 80% you can't see the standby pulse and the voltage on the GZ34 cathode has dropped to 50v p-p.
              Therefore if the standby light flashes, is this a sign the GZ34 rectifier is on its way out. Any comments would be appreciated.
              Regards
              Geoff.

Comment

Working...
              X