Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much DC resistance I should have for... (please see the description below)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much DC resistance I should have for... (please see the description below)

I want to rewind my rappy guitar bridge pups. I knew that wind it up to 20 k DC resistance or more could muddying my tone. I avert it with 1 meg ohm vol pot for bridge pup. Since it will bring more hi freq, I'm afraid the lo freq will cut than my purposes. Before I ask a question, I already knew and take a risk with the bridge pup will took extra effort to clean up at high gain situation. That's why I don't bother the neck pup.

Will the bass decreased alot when I use 1 meg ohm vol pot with, says 22-25 k?

I didn't do it myself. I have a local luthier that already did pretty nice job for preamp on my bass.

When you wind more turns on a pickup coil you increase the inductance, and so in combination with the coil and cable capacitance, you lower the resonant frequency and lose highs. Using a 1 meg pot does not put them back in.

Originally posted by rioharide View Post
    I want to rewind my rappy guitar bridge pups. I knew that wind it up to 20 k DC resistance or more could muddying my tone. I avert it with 1 meg ohm vol pot for bridge pup. Since it will bring more hi freq, I'm afraid the lo freq will cut than my purposes. Before I ask a question, I already knew and take a risk with the bridge pup will took extra effort to clean up at high gain situation. That's why I don't bother the neck pup.

Will the bass decreased alot when I use 1 meg ohm vol pot with, says 22-25 k?

I didn't do it myself. I have a local luthier that already did pretty nice job for preamp on my bass.

Comment

Working...
    X