Marshall DSL15C/H DSL40C schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL15C/H DSL40C schematics

These are pretty cool amps made in Vietnam and I was wondering about the two extra channels/modes in the DSL40C, specifically the crunch mode for the clean channel. Perhaps something like the two modes on the SLO clean channel...?

Any information on these models would be appreciated.

Steve Ahola

EDIT It looks like this article has some good mods for the DSL15H, mainly cutting down the gain on the Red channel (my kinda mods- I usually like to cut gain rather than boost it.)

http://www.marshallforum.com/marshal...5h-modded.html
    Last edited by Steve A.; 05-09-2015, 12:16 AM.
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

I hope this helps
    Attached Files
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Thank you, kind sir! It looks like Marshall doesn't like schematics of their current production amps to be posted openly on the internet.

I usually prefer Fender-style amps but have been having a lot of fun playing the DSL15H- I think that Marshall uses heavier duty transformers than Fender... The Green channel works great with pedals and the Red channel should be cool once I tone it down a bit. (Evidently Marshall has the Red channel voiced as the more aggressive Ultra 2 channel from the DSL40 and DSL100H.)

Steve Ahola
      The Blue Guitar
      www.blueguitar.org
      Some recordings:

Comment

Interesting... the DSL15/40 Classic Gain channel uses a fixed resistor Fender tone stack ahead of the Gain control. I first noticed that trick in a Mesa Boogie schematic... the Maverick as I recall. So I guess I need to call this a Marshall Boogie amp!
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:

Comment

Adding an Accutronics digital reverb

Hey, I recently purchased a Marshall DSL15 head. I have thought about adding the Accutronics digital reverb (model BTDR-2H medium decay). I've studied the schematic I found here, but I can not figure out where or how to install this. Can you help? Thanks a mil!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
            Interesting... the DSL15/40 Classic Gain channel uses a fixed resistor Fender tone stack ahead of the Gain control. I first noticed that trick in a Mesa Boogie schematic... the Maverick as I recall. So I guess I need to call this a Marshall Boogie amp!
            Hi Steve,
            I thought I recognized the your name and website. I've been reading, and enjoying your stuff for quite a long time. Thanks for all the great info you've put together on your website.

I've had my DSL 40C (now it's a head) for well over a year. Love it.

I was wondering if you've come up with any mods for the DSL 40C. Especially, taming the OD channel.

Thanks,
            Willie

Comment

These amps sound GREAT!! Good job Marshall.

Comment

If you still have the schematic for the Marshall DSL15 I would greatly appreciate it if you would email them to me @ tubeampguy@hotmail.com Thank You

Comment

click the link on post no2 . best off not advertising your email address on here

Comment

best off starting a new post in ( Mods and Tweaks ) you will get more results on modding.

Comment

If you are a new member and logged in on your phone... You probably won't see the links to downloads. I know when I am on my phone only a few pictures and schematic attachments are viewable.
                      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
                        I hope this helps
                        Hi DrGonz,
                        I can't thank you enough for the DSL40C schematic. I have the DSL40CR model. Would you know if the PT/OT are same specs?
                        I'm replacing the Output transformer TXMA91007 and Power transformer TXMA91066. Thanks.
                        Last edited by Bauzer; 12-20-2018, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Hi!
                          Someone here has the schematic yet?
                          I have an DSL40 on my bench for repair and I can't find the schem..

Comment

It's right there in post #2.
                            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

The link in post 2 is missing. Anyone got a schematic for this amp? NEVERMIND... links don't show on mobile.

Comment

Working...
                              X