No announcement yet.

Ampeg SVT-3 Pro Repair help, R27 catches fire on power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, I'll try to find someone, anyone know anyone in Michigan?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby Jones View Post
      Thanks guys, I'll try to find someone, anyone know anyone in Michigan?
      I don't know what Enzo's current situation is, but he is in Lansing. If his shop is still open, it would be worth the drive to have him fix it.

If nothing else, he can suggest someone.

Comment

Sorry to say, my shop is closed, and I am not taking on any more work. I am spending my evenings going through stuff, throwing things away or gathering them for sale.

I left my schematics flash at the shop last night, so I can't look at my files right now. I'll see if there is something I can add to the discussion.

Doesn't On Stage up in GR do work on these? Tell them I referred you to them. That may or may not mean anything to them.

Music Equipment Repair, Grand Rapids, MI
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If On Stage can't/won't/don't have time, I'm an hour north of Lansing right off US127 but I've got enough work right now it would be 3-4 weeks before I could do anything.

Enzo, how are you going to sell what you have left? Ebay? Craig's List? Here?
          --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

Hello Enzo,
            Some time ago you posted two schematics a Peavey Classic 30 & a Peavey Delta blues 115-30.
            I was unable to download the Delta Blues 30 schematic.
            Any chance of a getting a copy of the DB 30 Amp schematic, parts list, etc.
            I would appreciate it very much.
            Thanks,
            Matt
            mtroy1369
            mtroy17@comcast.net

Comment

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...deltablues.pdf

Comment

It will be cheaper to send the amp to a competent Tech and being honest about what happened than ordering an expensive new board and still not fixing the amp.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thank you Jazz P Bass for your help!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mtroy1369 View Post
                    Thank you Jazz P Bass for your help!!!!!
                    Uhmmm....
                    All I did was use the Search Function up above.

Comment

you the man JPB!! Someone had to do it don't sell yourself short.

Comment

And if you look, the ONLY difference between the Classic 30 and the Delta Blues is they added the little trem circuit. A couple parts to make the trem, and an optocoupler across the signal path.

gui-tar, I will list some things here in the flea market, keep an eye there, some stuff will ebay, and some local Craigs Listings. I also will probably send some junk down to the annual Gear Fest down at Sweetwater next month. You are relatively local, and if interested, I have a bunch of projects I will not be completing. A number of dead SS combo amps - repair or use as parts, and a few power amps with dead channel (Crown, Mackie, others) Big stuff like that I won't be shipping anywhere.
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by gui_tarzan View Post
                          If On Stage can't/won't/don't have time, I'm an hour north of Lansing right off US127 but I've got enough work right now it would be 3-4 weeks before I could do anything.
                          Enzo/gui Tarzan- I'll check out those options definitely, thank you for the suggestions! Faster is better in this case, I will check out onstage and if they can't/won't/don't have time I'll get in contact with you guiTarzan.

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                          It will be cheaper to send the amp to a competent Tech and being honest about what happened than ordering an expensive new board and still not fixing the amp.
                          Thanks for your input, yeah that is the plan.

Comment

Working...
                          X