Bachi Coil Winder on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bachi Coil Winder on eBay

Winder with not much info, no mention of gears etc or model number, but there it is!
    Bachi Coil Winder | eBay
    Sigil Pickups ~ Stunt Monkey Pedals

Looks like a Bachi 115 series machine. I'm not personally familiar with the controller pictured in the eBay listing. I have seen many different controller versions on the 115s & 116s. The Bachi machines that I have use various models from ECCI for controllers.

The link you provided says the listing has now ended. Did you buy it? Maybe it expired?

From what I understand Bachi still makes the 115 series in a "Mechanical" model version and a "Hydraulic Traverse" version that automatically senses the bobbin flange width. I believe that the Hydraulic version use gears for TPL, but honestly am not sure. The Mechanical version does use gears for TPL and traverse width is set by an adjustment on the fixed cam...very cool design...but it takes very careful adjusting to get the traverse throw exactly perfect. I am not complaining about the cam adjustment set-up time (I really appreciate being able to accommodate just about any coil height for pickups without having to locate or machine different cams for different pickup heights)...I just love these machines. They are built like tanks, cleverly designed, and are indeed very reliable workhorses!!
    Last edited by Jim Darr; 06-03-2015, 11:39 PM.
    =============================================

Keep Winding...Keep Playing!!!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Darr View Post
      Looks like a Bachi 115 series machine. I'm not personally familiar with the controller pictured in the eBay listing. I have seen many different controller versions on the 115s & 116s. The Bachi machines that I have use various models from ECCI for controllers.

The link you provided says the listing has now ended. Did you buy it? Maybe it expired?

From what I understand Bachi still makes the 115 series in a "Mechanical" model version and a "Hydraulic Traverse" version that automatically senses the bobbin flange width. I believe that the Hydraulic version use gears for TPL, but honestly am not sure. The Mechanical version does use gears for TPL and traverse width is set by an adjustment on the fixed cam...very cool design...but it takes very careful adjusting to get the traverse throw exactly perfect. I am not complaining about the cam adjustment set-up time (I really appreciate being able to accommodate just about any coil height for pickups without having to locate or machine different cams for different pickup heights)...I just love these machines. They are built like tanks, cleverly designed, and are indeed very reliable workhorses!!
      All that said, investing some learning time and ~ $450 in the design and build of a CNC winder was still the right route to a versatile and reliable winder for me.
      Take Care,

Jim. . .
      VA3DEF

Comment

I didn't buy it, I'm good with my Geo. I'm also hoping to finally tackle the CNC winder this summer if I get time. I'd bugged kayakerca and Lyrebird Steve a while back about that thing and it's still on the list
        Sigil Pickups ~ Stunt Monkey Pedals

Comment

Working...
        X