Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of the calls are interactive robo calls.
    They ask you a question, and depend on you answering the typical yes or no.
    One they ask a lot, is this _______your name here?
    They prefer a yes.
    I never give yes or no answers.
    I usually reply, what do you want, or what can I do for you.
    An unknown response, and they usually hang up.
    T
    Last edited by big_teee; 10-29-2018, 03:50 PM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      They prefer a yes.
      Scammers will append that "yes" to whatever sleazy deal they want to cook up. When asked for proof of your approval, they have that recorded "yes" to present as evidence. Don't give it to them.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
        That's so obtuse its like an inside joke between you and yourself. What would you do if the scammer asked to speak to Sophia?
        -rb
        Pretty sure you meant to use 'obscure' there?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Pretty sure you meant to use 'obscure' there?
          Yup. I'm the one who's obtuse.
          -rb
          DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

I just got the emergency windows registration key has expired recording. call.
            Now they have you call them back.
            I hope there are not poor struggling Seniors, out there falling for this $_it ?
            Do you reckoned my windows has expired, good? I don't have any, I've not used windoz since 2012.
            I wish there was some way to hang these perp ba$_ards, by their thumbs, for a week or three!
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

I'm a poor struggling senior, and I do fall sometimes, but not for anything like that. I just tell them I don't know why they're calling me because I don't own a computer. They don't know what to say in response to that; sometimes it's kind of funny.
              -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

These last ones I've received, are robo calls, and want you to call in.
                I just hope no one not as computer savy is falling for it!
                T
                Terry

Comment

Get wind of a scam, or virus to beware of?
                  List it here!
                  Thanks,
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

New Ransomware Spreading Rapidly in China Infected Over 100,000 PCs
                    Hopefully they can keep it in china!
                    Read here.
                    https://thehackernews.com/2018/12/ch...re-wechat.html
                    Terry

Comment

GandCrab ransomware and Ursnif virus spreading via MS Word macros
                      https://thehackernews.com/2019/01/mi...ab-ursnif.html
                      Keep all your Microsoft software updated and patched up!
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

The windows, IRS, and Social Security scams still going around.
                        I get a couple of them a month, on the phone.
                        The last one I got was a call about my Social Security, threatened to have me jailed, if I didn't call them back.
                        They need to be hung by their thumbs, for a while!
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                          They need to be hung by their thumbs, for a while!
                          No, for EVER. Cheeky monkeys 3x this week claiming to be Apple repair - I told 'em I had a peach. I could hear 'em scratching their cute little noggins over that.
                          This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I got the 518-800-4007 social security scam call, again today!
                            If you google the 518-800-4007 phone number?
                            The Microsoft Windows scam also pops up for this number.
                            I yelled back at the recording, to go to hell, and to quit calling!
                            They probably didn't hear me, but I felt better!
                            T
                            Last edited by big_teee; 03-22-2019, 10:28 PM.
                            Terry

Comment

Here are some security issues with wifi.
                              https://thehackernews.com/2019/04/wp...-password.html
                              Last edited by big_teee; 04-11-2019, 10:31 PM.
                              Terry

Comment

I just read this on Hackers News.
                                A Hack to LibreOffice 6.2.5.
                                LibreOffice is very popular and a lot of guys use it on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
                                https://thehackernews.com/2019/07/li...erability.html
                                There will be a patch coming, hopefully soon.
                                T
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X