Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender DRRI reverb problem suspect footswitch please help going crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Yeah I get 0 ohms at a slightly higher setting. It is a pretty crummy multi-meter. I think I'm going to take the amp and footswitch into a friend and have him check it out. I am feeling more and more out of my depth and I can't justify trying to ebay this bad boy until I know its in tip top shape.

Comment

Ill let you guys know if I figure it out. I will be learning something new on my end for sure.

Comment

Did you try an other foot switch, or did you try your footswitch in an orher amp? If you have a RCA jack you could short it and plug it in the reverb footswitch jack.
        In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

I don't kknow about this one, but traditionally the Fender FS had a shielded wire with another wire alongside. Your ohm meter can tell you if the wires are intact and if the switches work, but a mater cannot determine which wire is shielded. If the shielded wire was wired to the trem switch and the lone wire to the reverb, the pedal functions would still work, but the reverb line would not be shielded and thus will hum.

Whichever button turns the reverb off and on, open the pedal up and verify the shield is around the wire to that switch.

You can unplug the pedal and the hum stops. That tells you the problem is there.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The attached photo shows the inside wiring of the typical Fender dual foot switch as used on the Blackface and Silverface amps. Just carefully pull off the plastic bottom cover to see it. In this view the reverb switch is on the right and you can see the center conductor of the shielded wire connected to the reverb switch. The unshielded wire is connected to the tremolo ("Vib") switch. Another wire connects the foot switch case, the other reverb switch contact, the reverb wire shield and the remaining temolo switch contact together. That's what you should find inside the foot switch case. There could be some variations in wire type or color but the result should be the same. Also, it doesn't make any difference if the connections to an individual switch are reversed because the switches are not polarized devices.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender FS Wiring.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	837942

Comment

And it is clearly shown on the schematic itself.
              The Reverb wire is shielded.

65_Deluxe_Reverb_RI Ft Sw Assembly.pdf

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                I just wanted to follow up on this post I started. Sorry it has been so long. I wanted to let you all know that I never did figure out the problem. I have since sold the amp and the new owner hasn't complained at all about the issue. I may jsut be sensitive to such things. I wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this post I really apprecitate all the advice. I wish I could say I solved it but hopefully the information in this post will help someone in the future.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X