No announcement yet.

Marshall mg50dfx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mornin guys, everything was fine until yesterday until the level knob is messed up now sorry to torture you guys but I realyy can't afford to buy a new amp as I just bought a new guitar . The master volume level is on 10 literally on 10 but it sounds like as I'd it were on 1 or even 0.5 please help I gotta small gig comin up , thanks in advance

Comment

Have you tried plugging a guitar cable to connect the From Effects to the Send Effects loop? Dirty contacts on those jacks can weaken or cut out the guitar signal. Just a thought to try it first to get that one out of the way.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Almost certainly a bad master pot or a ground fault where the master is grounded. That should be an easy fix. There can be a lot of stress where pots mount, so check for lifted pads or broken traces on the board there.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Ren View Post
          Mornin guys, everything was fine until yesterday until the level knob is messed up now sorry to torture you guys but I realyy can't afford to buy a new amp as I just bought a new guitar . The master volume level is on 10 literally on 10 but it sounds like as I'd it were on 1 or even 0.5 please help I gotta small gig comin up , thanks in advance
          Hey, don't get stressed , everything can be repaired.

You already did one part, now continue with the next, be it dubious loop jacks or a problematic pot ... or anything else.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
            Hey, don't get stressed , everything can be repaired.

You already did one part, now continue with the next, be it dubious loop jacks or a problematic pot ... or anything else.
            Tech support Juan

"Ok... Are we having an alright day? Good. Ok, we're just going to start by turning the unit on. Ok? Good. That's good. Ok, now we're going to..."
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
            X