Furma PL8 Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furma PL8 Lights

I have a 21 yr old Furman PL8 One of the light bulbs blew...Does anyone know if all I need to do is unscrew the bulb..I started to try but it is hard to turn and I didn't want to hurt it..If anyone knows if it is that simple and What size bulb....

Yes, they just unscrew. 120V bulbs. Time to head to the dollar store or raid your Christmas tree decorations.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

They're just night light lamps typically 4 watts, at every grocery store & hardware. If you need some more grip just fold up a piece of masking tape sticky side out, use that to pinch the end of the bulb. This trick is also handy on Fender style pilot lamp bulbs.

It's possible there's some corrosion from salty sea air keeping the screw base stuck in its socket. Try not to break the glass - I've done that - then have to pick the bits out of the socket with needle nose pliers, what a hassle. Picking bits of glass out of fingertips a double hassle.

Once you have 'em out you can opt to go modern, there's LED versions of those lamps now, about $5 each but they should last so long you'll never have to worry about replacing 'em.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Good idea Leo!

Feit Electric Accent LED White Night Light Bulb BPC7 LED | eBay
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks Lee I live at the beach and it won't budge..and now 21 yrs later one bulb died...I never had to change it

Comment

Thank Leo I live at the beach and in 22 yrs never changed the bulb.. it is stuck..

Comment

Yeah, I remembered you're at Dana Point. I've been there a couple times, doing gigs at the Coach House. Rust never sleeps, especially next to the ocean.

There's always good ol' WD-40. If you can get the spray tube near the socket & spritz just a bit in there, give it some time to work maybe a day or so. What you don't want to do is soak the whole lamp then you won't be able to get a grip on the glass at all. No panic if you do, that's what paper towels are for.

Worse comes to worst you break the glass & stick a big flat blade screwdriver in, twist the base out. No finesse but it does get the job done.

While you're at it might as well see if you can move the other bulb. Even though it's working now, sooner or later you'll have to change that one too. Might as well deal with it now, why go thru this headache again when it does.
              This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                Yeah, I remembered you're at Dana Point. I've been there a couple times, doing gigs at the Coach House. Rust never sleeps, especially next to the ocean.

There's always good ol' WD-40. If you can get the spray tube near the socket & spritz just a bit in there, give it some time to work maybe a day or so. What you don't want to do is soak the whole lamp then you won't be able to get a grip on the glass at all. No panic if you do, that's what paper towels are for.

Worse comes to worst you break the glass & stick a big flat blade screwdriver in, twist the base out. No finesse but it does get the job done.

While you're at it might as well see if you can move the other bulb. Even though it's working now, sooner or later you'll have to change that one too. Might as well deal with it now, why go thru this headache again when it does.
                Who dod you play with at the C.H.?And yes I will change both...I think I will try the LED lights..I hope they are bright enough..Sucks getting old I can't see,and it is hard to bend down to get in the back of my old rack...

Comment

Working...
                X