Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender HotRod Deville channel Footswitch

Howdy folks,
    My friend wants a footswitch to control channels and drive/more drive on his Fender Hot Rod Deville
    attached is the schematic.

Now i have spare TRS 2 button footswitch that doesnt have LED's i was going to convert instead of spending loads of cash on the real fender footswitch.

So for confirmation, i need to convert the TRS plug to a mono plug (tip/sleeve). then on the inside of the footswitch i need to clip the ring wire out. Then install 2x 1N4448 diodes. forward for one switch and reverse for the other switch?
    Not going to bother with LED's.

Any help is truly appreciated!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ThisLifeILead View Post
    So for confirmation, i need to convert the TRS plug to a mono plug (tip/sleeve). then on the inside of the footswitch i need to clip the ring wire out. Then install 2x 1N4448 diodes. forward for one switch and reverse for the other switch?
    Not going to bother with LED's.
    This will not work. The switching circuit works on a pulsed dc voltage that looks for different levels of positive and negative voltages to switch the different things on and off.

The channel switch is either +0.6 volts (off) or +2.5 volts (on). The Drive switch is either -3.5 volts (yellow) or -6.5 volts (red). So all of the diodes and leds need to be included in the circuit to make it work.

Comment

? Fender 2 Button Footswitch for Hot Rod Series Amps 0050419000 as Is | eBay
      $15.99.
      FREE Shipping.

Comment

DAM! the guy wont ship to canada.
        I allready ordered the 1N5228 zener diodes from thailand. (3$) so its still goona be a cheap project.

Comment

Thailand????

1N5228 Stock and Price by Distributor

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            I didnt want to pay the 20$ mouser shipping fee to canada. 3$ shipped from Thailand for 10x on Ebay.
            My local shop said it would take 3 weeks or longer to get the diodes in for the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLifeILead View Post
              I didnt want to pay the 20$ mouser shipping fee to canada.
              For next time, Digikey delivers next day in Canada for $8.
              1N5228B-TR Vishay Semiconductor Diodes Division | 1N5228BVSCT-ND | DigiKey
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I didnt want to pay the 20$ mouser shipping fee to canada. 3$ shipped from Thailand for 10x on Ebay.
                No wonder why Asians get these jobs:

or these:

while Americans have to struggle to get and keep one of these:

or these:

now that wouldn't be so terrible, if it had always been like this; pity is that 40 years ago (and many just 2 years ago) were working in:

while Americans had been working like:

maybe these guys have a point, after all:

oh well
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

well played!

The pedal worked flawlessly after building. (i used two red LEDs instead of Red/Green for the drive/more drive.

Comment

Working...
                  X