Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer K900FX

Hello,

Recently my Behringer K900FX started fuming during a gig, so I took it home and plugged it in again just for a moment. Fuming started up immediately, so I let it cool off for 24 hours and took another look. It certainly doesn't make noise anymore heh! There is oil leaked from a capacitor, and overall it looks like two resistors and an oil capacitor need replaced. Still not completely sure what caused the issue either.

A schematic/parts list would help a lot, but I know those are hard to come by with Behringer unless you're a service rep. Also, I've checked ElektroTanya and they don't have this schematic/parts list unfortunately.

Anyone have any advice or know the parts? Working with a Behringer TR-TOR-LPA190-EU. I feel like any repair shop is going to cost more than the item retails for. Thank you in advance!

The K3000FX schematic can be found here. My guess is that it's pretty close to the 900, though I can't guarantee it. The primary difference between the different models is the output power. If I understand correctly, they are otherwise identical or very similar.

Comment

Doubt it has any oil capacitor inside, care to post a picture?
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I have seen this already.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Exploded_Cap___500Wide.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	838220

And one such as this scared the bejeezus out of me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	838221

Comment

I think that is indeed an oil cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            I have seen this already.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34838[/ATTACH]

And one such as this scared the bejeezus out of me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34839[/ATTACH]
            Is that picture inside a Behringer SS amplifier?
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
              Is that picture inside a Behringer SS amplifier?
              Not too sure.
              I snaggd it off Google.

The 'Old Faithful' geyser cap did happen to me on a Behringer though.

Comment

No, those are not oil caps, those are plain old electrolytics.

The LPA190 is a very simple power amp. It is a TDA7293 with the expected surrounding stuff, and a couple low voltage supplies. The two 15v regulators run from the main power rails, and there is also a separate +5v supply.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I hadn't gotten an email about the thread so I thought nobody was responding! I'm at work right now so I don't have a photo but I can get one later.

The positions on the LPA190 board are R12, R13 and C24 and I need to know which parts go there.

Comment

I don't see those three parts on the schematic. By the way you are saying it, calling them "positions", I have to wonder. Are these damaged parts? Or do you have a board where those parts are not installed? Often certain parts are not installed on boards, if the board serves more than one model. If they are damaged parts, that is not a large board, what does C24 connect to for example?
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                    X