No announcement yet.

my new winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the friction idler wheel a stack of leather discs? that's a little what it looks like to me.

Comment

I'm curious what is that roll of plain enamel on the green spool from?
      http://www.SDpickups.com
      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
        I'm curious what is that roll of plain enamel on the green spool from?
        Which green roll are you referring to Possum ?
        cheers
        Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
          Which green roll are you referring to Possum ?
          cheers
          Andrew
          In the photo of the Meteor from Basscu, far right in the photo, sitting on top of the bright copper spool of wire. Where do people in Europe get plain enamel wire from?
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

This winder looks like my own, with some differences.
            In mine idler wheel is made out of a rubber and cloth composite, helps it stay together better, stand rubber cracking way more.

Idler wheel is the "fine adjustment" between 2 aluminum disks but the Right/Left selector handle has 3 positions, center neutral, so itīs easy to adjust the idler wheel, no rotation needed, without damaging it.

For range selection it has 4 quite different pitch screws.

I donīt wind pickups but transformers, so mostly use 1 screw, the one which goes from, say, less than 0.40mm to over 1 mm and the one which goes from 1 mm up, never used it with more than 1.40mm wire.

It was made in 1956 and I bought it from my old (literally) winder guy when he said he would retire .... that was over 40 years ago, and this machine was one of my best investments, repaid itself in a couple Months and since then it has been a great bredwinner/moneysaver ... 2 sides of the same coin.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

What diameter is the wheel with the cracked rubber? Sewing machines use thick rubber rings on the bobbin winder and these can be found in different sizes. I've also had luck with this type of thing on the wheels of toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                In the photo of the Meteor from Basscu, far right in the photo, sitting on top of the bright copper spool of wire. Where do people in Europe get plain enamel wire from?
                Hi Possum

We in Europe have to get pe wire from the USA. I only know elektrisola and MWS. It ends up costing an arm and a leg with the shipping and customs charges. I must be going blind, I missed that the roll you mentioned was green, I was looking at the solder roll left back. Can't see the woods for the trees !!!
                cheers

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                X