"kustom" distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "kustom" distortion

I know im gonna be judged for this, keep in mind my experience with amps is limited.
    Basically I have this Kustom Solo 16 solid state amp I got years ago. I dont know why but I really like the sound of its distortion with my Ibanez RG 350(call me weird, all the overdrive and distortion pedals ive tried and this onboard distortions the one I like best).
    I cant use an amp this small for the shows my band does, thats what my jcm 2000 is for. I was wondering if there's any safe way to run the solo 16 into my jcm head without damaging it, as misuse of tube amps causes all sorts of expensive problems.

Well, there must be a way to make a line out out of your amp. That you could feed into the return of the sharmall efects loop. But i'd say, get yourself a real amp, not a gizmo box like the JCM2000. Theses suck imho. Anyway, having a good clean out of a marshall is near impossible. They're good for distortions thought. So a hiwatt for clean, or if you need sparklier a twin, and a an old JMP or jtm from 60/70's for teh grunt May be then you'll forget about your SS amp

Comment

Originally posted by Satamax View Post
      Well, there must be a way to make a line out out of your amp. That you could feed into the return of the sharmall efects loop. But i'd say, get yourself a real amp, not a gizmo box like the JCM2000. Theses suck imho. Anyway, having a good clean out of a marshall is near impossible. They're good for distortions thought. So a hiwatt for clean, or if you need sparklier a twin, and a an old JMP or jtm from 60/70's for teh grunt May be then you'll forget about your SS amp
      haha, one can dream that they have unlimited funds for different amps.

Comment

Well, you could modify traynors or fenders silverface heads which are cheap compared to the JCM2000.

JMHO.

Well, i don't own any marshy or hiwatt, i have one fender head, and several sound cities, heads and cabs. Which was teh cheap option for me at the time. Thought, if you're in teh us, forget about sound city Not cheap there.

Comment

Working...
        X